Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

prosport gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2009, 09:03 AM
crf450r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prosport gauges

finally bought three prosport stepper gauges boost oil temp and oil pressure for my04 sti
they come with the sandwich plate but im not sure about using that should i do them individually? has anyone ever done a walkthrough for fitting them would be very handy
also see my wanted post as i now need a triple pod to fit them
Old 03 January 2009, 10:17 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Get the adaptors and mount them individually - there are plenty of threads on here detailing the location of the no3 cylinder bung (rear drivers side of engine under IC, near turbo) for oil temp, and the oil pressure sensor location near the alternator - the ECU's oil pressure warning sensor is in there currently - you can get an adaptor for a few quid that enables you to run both sensors off that location. Scoobyparts or Scoobyworld sells the two required adaptors - can't remember which.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 03 January 2009, 04:46 PM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by crf450r
finally bought three prosport stepper gauges boost oil temp and oil pressure for my04 sti
they come with the sandwich plate but im not sure about using that should i do them individually? has anyone ever done a walkthrough for fitting them would be very handy
also see my wanted post as i now need a triple pod to fit them

hi m8

i also brought these and i also have an 04 sti i have just started to fit today,no seperatley seems to be best option to fit you can get the

oil pressure and temp kit together

Scoobyparts Ltd OIL PRESSURE & OIL TEMPERATURE GAUGE FITTING KIT

and i brought the ati gauge pod from them as well

Scoobyparts Ltd ATI 3-GAUGE POD - NEW AGE

a quick rundown so far is to remove top vents and drink holder push up pod from below (4 lugs)above to remove unclip clock and red flashing led,i also removed lower half of plastic dash(where fog light/ic spray switches are fitted etc) under steering wheel to make it easier to feed wires up there is a grommet behind clutch pedal to run cables into engine bay there is plenty of room to feed wires up thats as far as i got today as stopped to hopefully watch liverpool lose in fa cup ha ha.

thats all i can help you with so far
Old 03 January 2009, 05:43 PM
Matt578
Scooby Regular

Ive got these, good gauges.

This is where the oil PRESSURE Adaptor plugs in.

The Temperature goes into the bumg above number 3 cylinder. If you want a picture just say and i will post one up.

Matt
Old 03 January 2009, 07:08 PM
Matt578
Scooby Regular

As Per the PM i recieved.

This shows you where both adaptors go.

Here you can clearly se that the oil pressure adaptor goes behind the power steering pump/altinator. Right next to the EJ20 logo.

This is where i fitted my T Piece for the boost, Its the hose in the blue square going to the dump valve. But really anywhere coming off the inlet manifold will do.