Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

website quotes vs real thing

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2013, 03:44 PM
alanspec_c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default website quotes vs real thing

how accurate are the quotes on websites (via compare sites) versus phoning up and actually trying to get covered?

i ask because last time i bought a car, i had lots of favourable quotes online for it, but when i phone up to get cover, i find that the real prices are much higher!!

i tried to fill in all the information online as accurate as possible to reflect a true price...

so now, i have checked quotes online for a car i don't yet have (am thinking of getting) and again, the quotes seem favourable (lower than expected) so i hope if i go ahead and buy the car i don't find it hard to get insured, for a reasonable price at least, as the quotes seem tame for the type of car...

does anyone have any knowledge about this?

are the website quotes unrealistically low just to rope you in, or what?

thanks.

Last edited by alanspec_c; 05 September 2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05 September 2013, 04:23 PM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Hit and miss but yes a lot will reel you in with the low screen price. If you use these sites, check and double check everything.. some offer low prices but also a sub-standard level of cover, high excess etc. Some of these insurers on comparison sites even charge £1.50 a minute to call and have half hour holding times.
Old 01 October 2013, 10:29 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I've used these quite a lot and found my quotes to remain the same. The issues I have had though were incorrect mod listings. I went with AXA who were listed to cover the mods I had. Upon receiving my certificate directly from them it didnt list them. They wanted £20 admin fee to cancel as they weren't in fact covered at all.
Old 01 October 2013, 02:12 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id say it could depend on the car, as going off your username if you had a quote in the past online for an impreza and then phoned up to get insurance on a spec-c i can understand there would be a price hike.