Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will it be written off?

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2007, 04:26 PM
Keells
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Will it be written off?

I had an accident in my car at the weekend where I ended up hitting pillars supporting a bridge on the N/S front and rear corners of the car, the crash missed the suspension on both ends and only tracking looks out on that front. At the front it has pushed the bonnet in by about 1 ft squashing where the battery was and damaging the radiator, the engine looks like it has missed the brunt of the impact; it will need new front wings, lights, the frame supporting the lights bonnet & battery etc. Then on the rear it has pushed the boot floor in on the N/S corner and also destroyed where the rear lights were and lifted the boot out of where it sits, also denting the back box and making a mess of the bumper. But both of the doors on that side have no damage at all.

It looks like it's going to take some time before the insurance company sort any of this out and was wondering what peoples opinion of this was going to be, will it be repairable or will it be write off?

I will add photos once I am able to upload them to help. But at the moment I am really not sure what is going to happen and would like others opinions.

Thanks
Kenny
Old 30 May 2007, 04:31 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It certainly sounds like a write off, but that doesn't mean it cannot be repaired. The age/model can also contribute to the decision.
Old 30 May 2007, 04:35 PM
Keells
Scooby Regular

Yeah should have mentioned it is on a 99V plate and is 2000Turbo (With PPP) worth about £6500.

Also the drivers side of the car is completly undamaged.
Old 30 May 2007, 04:49 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

In that case it will most definately be a write off, as it will be considered un-economical to repair.
IF there is a good side to all this, you will get paid out, AND MAY be able to buy the car back cheaply. Unless they assign it a Category B write off, which cannot go on the road and can only be bought by someone with the correct licence in the motor trade. Cat C requires a Vehicle Identinty Check before it can go back on the road (around 30quid when I last checked) and a Cat D, which it sounds unlikely to be, can go back on the road sometime without repair.
Good luck, and keep us updated.
Old 30 May 2007, 04:59 PM
Keells
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the help, not what i wanted to hear, but there you go, can't change that now!