Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elephant.co.uk

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2007, 11:14 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elephant.co.uk

Finally found a realistic quote and I did this online so hoping when I call up I may get an even lower figure.

I used a website called Confused.com and entered my details to let it go off and bring back lots of quotes, only Admiral came back with a decent figure but that was with £600 pounds excess.. ouch.

Tried out Elephant.co.uk online quote and I managed to get it below £1300 fully comp with £450 excess for a PPP STi, sweet!

I am pretty sure if I shop around a bit more I will get an even better quote. Just very surprised to get a good quote from Elephant.co.uk however wanted to check their rep on here first.

Anyone dealt with them and how did you find their service?

Saying goes you get what you pay for so I will be cautious before I put my money down, don't mind paying a bit more if I know I will be getting a good service from the company.

Thanks in advance,

Fz
Old 21 March 2007, 06:30 PM
SLIAN
Scooby Regular

Ive been with them for 9 months seem ok i phoned them to ask how much extra a cat back exhaust would be on the policy (2 months after i had taken it out)was told it would be nothing extra so i fitted the exhaust phoned them to let them know i had fitted it and they tried to charge me an extra 40 quid.Because i had written down the time date and persons name who told me no extra charge they waived the extra charge
Old 23 March 2007, 02:12 AM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

ive been with them for a couple of years now with no problems whatsoever.. i have never claimed though. There the only company that gives me realistic quotes!!
Old 23 March 2007, 02:19 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Was insured with Elephant a while ago, they used to be REALLY cheap, but their prices have slowly crept up.

Cancelled a policy thought no more of it, then about a year later solicitors letters and phone calls threatening this and that if i didnt pay the remaining policy amount. No letter from elephant just straight to solicitor.

It was a cockk up but still Pi$$ed me off, wont deal with them again
Old 23 March 2007, 10:43 AM
rallychick
Scooby Regular

I had a bad experience with them too! I got a renewal letter from Elephant and rang them to explain I would not be insuring the car and sent the cover not back (september 2003). A year later I got another renewal letter and rang them to ask them why they had insured me on the car when it is insured elsewhere (september 2004). They told me that it had been insured with them the whole time and they took the money out of our account without us noticing! That meant I had 2 policies running on one car (second one taken out in december 2003)! I was very p****d off and they would not refund all my money as I couldnt prove the car had not been driven between those months (september 2003 to december 2003)!

Why the hell would I send back a cover note, not drive the car and insure it with someone else?!

I have never used them again since so just watch out when it comes to renewing the policy! Hope this makes sense!
Old 23 March 2007, 04:31 PM
sjwdavies
Scooby Regular

I'm currently insured with elephant, this will be my third year with them.

I use the 10 month bonus accelerator policy they offer, it's awesome.

They've always been really good with modifications too. When I told them i'd had the doors and boot flushed on my 206 they told me it'd only be an extra £10.

When I rang up to tell them about my private place (M3000VE ) they only charged me a £12 admin fee!

(I pay £1500 for a 10 month TPFT policy, 22 with 4 years no claims & the Mrs on the policy, its £300 cheaper with her added!