Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elephant - Anger Management Needed...

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2005, 09:54 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elephant - Anger Management Needed...

Just like to have a rant about elephant...

<rant>

I took out a policy with them for about £900 fully comp on an STI2 (I'm 23 btw). Now by the time I paid the installment charge and they'd put some crap on there it was peaking above £1100 but was still cheaper than the next best (£1500). However, they sent me out a Direct Debit mandate to sign - I've never had one of these before off an insurer I don't think. Unfortunately, being away with work, it didn't get posted back until a couple of days after they wanted (my bad, I know).

Now the sorry sons of bitches have cancelled the policy! I emailed them to ask about reinstating it, and they phoned the next day and left a message for me to contact them as a matter of urgency. I phoned back, assuming we could sort it out, only to be told my someone who barely speaks the language that "We do not reinstate policies, there is nothing I can do, do not ask for a quote from us again"!!!!

Then the cheeky bint asked "Can I help you with anything else?"

I said "What could you possibly help me with now?"

I'm very pissed as I now need to pay a hefty deposit with someone else to start a new policy at a higher rate - I can't believe they did that to me for the sake of a couple of days! I even offered to pay it all now if they would reinstate it!

</rant>
Old 30 August 2005, 10:09 PM
Ennoch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tath
Just like to have a rant about elephant...

<rant>

I took out a policy with them for about £900 fully comp on an STI2 (I'm 23 btw). Now by the time I paid the installment charge and they'd put some crap on there it was peaking above £1100 but was still cheaper than the next best (£1500). However, they sent me out a Direct Debit mandate to sign - I've never had one of these before off an insurer I don't think. Unfortunately, being away with work, it didn't get posted back until a couple of days after they wanted (my bad, I know).

Now the sorry sons of bitches have cancelled the policy! I emailed them to ask about reinstating it, and they phoned the next day and left a message for me to contact them as a matter of urgency. I phoned back, assuming we could sort it out, only to be told my someone who barely speaks the language that "We do not reinstate policies, there is nothing I can do, do not ask for a quote from us again"!!!!

Then the cheeky bint asked "Can I help you with anything else?"

I said "What could you possibly help me with now?"

I'm very pissed as I now need to pay a hefty deposit with someone else to start a new policy at a higher rate - I can't believe they did that to me for the sake of a couple of days! I even offered to pay it all now if they would reinstate it!

</rant>
With elephant there are two call centres...cardiff and somewhere in the midst of asia. The welsh one is good. if I hear an indian accent when the phone is answered now I just hang up and try again until a welsh accent sounds. It's the only way to ensure that you get the right stuff done (ie they put the right car down on the policy!)Write a letter to their head office stating the facts and that you believe you were treated very unfairly. They seem to have good customer service policies, just they aren't always implemented by the staff who do not know what they are doing/can't speak english.
Old 30 August 2005, 10:33 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

Yeah that sounds about right. The girl that left the message was called Emma - a good wholesome Welsh name
Old 31 August 2005, 08:37 AM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tath
Yeah that sounds about right. The girl that left the message was called Emma - a good wholesome Welsh name
Emma PATEL????LOL
Old 31 August 2005, 10:49 AM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

i did something similar and got same answer ended up phoning admiral as they are elephant got it sorted in no time and got an apology lol give them a bell

Andy
Old 31 August 2005, 05:50 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

Aaaaarrrghhh!!!

Emma phoned back tonight - she said "Hmmm... let me see... hang on... just a minute... No, your insurance has been cancelled there's nothing I can do. Sorry about that."

They ******* phoned back to say the same thing!!! I urge you all most sincerely to never give these **** taking arseholes your money.
Old 07 September 2005, 12:37 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem with the Admiral group. My policy on the scooby came up for renewal, had the letter through, seemed a good price (after making some calls) and the letter said if you don't respond in xxx it will automatically be renewed. All good and well i thought.

A week or so later i had a letter to say the policy was cancelled. Phoned up to find out the payment didn't go through, because my card on their records, didn't exist (i had had a new card with a new number, as the old one broke). So i explained this and offered to give my new card number.

They said they could no longer insure me, with a new card or nothing. Go figure! I lost around £80 by going to another company, but what a farse!!
Old 07 September 2005, 01:10 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

They told me never to ask for a quote off them again - unfortunately after days of trawling the only people who can come near their price are bell, who are the same group...

I wonder if they'll notice?
Old 07 September 2005, 01:18 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

the cheeky ******* at admiral/elephant do a credit check on people when supplying a quote. why i ask? it's not as if you want a 100k mortgage is it?
Old 07 September 2005, 07:05 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

They also heap up the premium by about 40% if you have even '1' minor speeding infraction

I had them with the wife - told them 10 months through the policy that the wife had 3 points (that'll be another £300 sir!) - told them no - and before I could even think of the consequences - 'Your insurance has ben cancelled with immediate effect sir - oh and we have a cancelleation scale and and admin fee - effect was that I was not going to get anything back'

My advice - avoid them