Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct-twatting Line ..

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2005, 02:11 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Direct-twatting Line ..

Direct Line. You utter bunch of twatting useless morons.

Buffoons of the highest magnitude you are and coupled with your incompetence is the ability to get agitated and sound outraged when i call up to complain about the tossing low level of service.

So by now you may have guessed that i am not too impressed with the above named insurance company.
Let me explain why i am so pissed off with them.
My scooby had 2 bumps last year (neither my fault), with big dents and scratches on both sides of the car and a big dent on the bonnet.
I checked with directline (now referred to as tossers) that i could a) choose my own repair company and bodyshop and b) that i could get all the work done as one job. they informed me that since they were 2 seperate incidents, that i could get them fixed but would have to pay 2 excess charges. ok fair enough..
Then i arranged for the work to be done last week.Now since the amount of labour involved win the 2 jobs was high, tossers decided to send an enginner down to the bodyshop to authorise the work.Since it was bank holiday, i was informed by tossers that the engineer would be there on the tuesday, so i arrived at 8 a.m at the bodyshop giving the garage and engineer plaenty of time to inspect, authorise and carry out work with no delays.
Called up later that day to enquire on the engineers report as i had not heard anything, to be informed that he was not there, so called tossers to be informed that he was not arriving til the wednesday and yes i had been informed. well i told said tossers that they were lying and i would be making a formal complaint as this was delaying my work on the car.
Said tossing engineer did turn up, but not until late afternoon on the wednesday.Then he proceeded to try and wriggle out of every dent, scratch etc on the car, saying that the previous repairs, scale of work etc was not covered by tosser insurance company.He also tried to say that i would have to foot the bill for a lot of the work. well after about 30 mins of arguing with him, i could see that i was not getting anywhere, so i told him to authorise the work and i would get prices off the garage for any extra costs incured by me.
So a week later, now brings us to today (the 7th) and since i had not heard anything from the garage and i had not hassled them, i thought it would be a good idea to call the garage to see how the work was progressing and when they estimated to be complated and guess what ????

The ****ing tossing tossers of an insurance company have not even authorised the work, nearly a week later
and no-one has contacted me to tell me what was happening, or explain the reason for the delay or just keep me informed of progress.Just a ****ing courtesy call would have been enough !!

So now a week later i am back to square one and so am picking the car up today (complete with no work done on it !!) and then will have to book it back in again.

I am writing a formal letter of complaint to said tossers as they should have an opportunity to explain.
I am also thinking about cancelling my policy.

so anyone else had previos crap service from direct tossers line?
any advice?

(btw it was good to get that all of my chest so thx for reading through all that waffle )
Old 07 September 2005, 02:26 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like all insurance companies they like taking the premium(s) off you but when it comes to paying out it's a different story. had a similar problem with tesco years ago. a 'name and shame' list of poor service from insurance companies should be started IMHO

BEST OF LUCK SORTING IT
Old 07 September 2005, 02:56 PM
homerjay
Scooby Regular

I know how you feel mate, they are a total disgrace as far as i am concerned

16/07/05
I was looking into buying a 2003 STI TYPE UK PPP, so rang directline and ask how much for the change in car (bearing in mind only 3 months left of policy)
The woman i spoke to was very helpful, knew exactly what my car was as her son had one, £80 additional premium, SUPERB

19/08/05
After lookin at a few cars i finally found one, and went down to pick it up, once i got there i rang the directline, with the registration details. The reg came back as a WRX SL, so i explained to the bloke that is was an STI TYPE UK with PPP. He went off and spoke to somebody and then confirm that i was right and details were updated.

Now only 2 month of my premium were left so i thought it would be a little less that the £80 previously quoted. NOPE, £233 was the additional premium, didnt really have the time or patients to argue the point, so just paid it and followed up later.

24/08/05
Insurance details come through the post and the car is labelled up as an 2001 2.0T STI, which was obviously the problem, so a rang them, told them of the mistake, explain again that the car was a 2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI TYPE UK with PPP. After i SPELLED out S U B A R U to the girl she refunded me £58!

28/08/05
Recieved new updated insurance details through the post and they actually charged me £9.82 for amending the policy therefore only refunded £49! even though it was their fault!

At this point my blood was boiling, I can not explain how pissed of i was, no need to say i will not be renewing my or the wifes insurance with directline again!
Old 07 September 2005, 09:18 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

Ah happy days...

I remember when I had a Cavalier GSI and replaced it with a Golf2 16v. I phoned up to tell direct line (i'd previously got a quote on the Golf with them and it was cheaper than the cav), and they said "ummmm no. You can't change to a high grouped car."

"but it's the same group on your system isn't it?" said I.

"Yes" said she.

"Wha'? Why not then?"

"You can't change to a high grouped car."

"but it's the same group as my current car, and you have quoted me on this car before!"

"You can't change to a high grouped car."

...dialling tone.
Old 07 September 2005, 09:59 PM
k2iss
Scooby Regular

Also Privilege = Direct Line, don't ever forget that!

I made the mistake to think I couldn't choose the garage for the repair... they spoiled my car... Well it is said that experience always come just after you need it... but that hurts.

When I tried to get it fixed, I fight hours at the phone for no results... Morons...

They don't even offer courtesy vehicles.

At least now that I got the scoob, I know that's not where I'm going to give my money.

Don't even waste your time to fight them, just walk away !!!
Old 07 September 2005, 10:14 PM
viperkick
Scooby Regular

lo dudes

just been reading these post . yes i had a proplem long time ago now wont go into details . but i no wot you mean .