Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new A plan customer

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2005, 04:05 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Another new A plan customer

I have been with N.U.D. for 3 years, since owning my current car, a MY00 UK Turbo with a few mods. Every year a ridiculous renewal quote would come through, usually £200+ more than i paid the previous year!
I would then go online to NUD and get a quote which has always been just under £600, take note of the quote reference and call them up to proceed and mention the mods at this time. They would see on their system i was an existing customer and see the renewal figure i had been quoted but would be happy to insure me still as a new customer with a new policy number for the price quoted online plus a bit extra for mods.
Until this year!!.... when they see i am an existing customer i am told they can no longer proceed with the quote and i have to be transfered to "customer services", a call center in Bangladesh or where ever the f*** it is.
Aside from struggling to understand a freaking word they are saying and trying to explain what an exhaust modification is, all i really get out of it is they now want to charge me £210 more than the online quote i had started with!!!
So i ring back to speak to someone in this country that i can actually understand and am told that as i am an existing customer i don't qualify for the discounts which applied to give the online quote!
But if i wait until my current policy expires and call back they could then happily insure me there and then for the online price, and no i wouldn;t have to be transfered to "customer services" to procedd with it.
Well thanks but no thanks!! ... i called A plan, spoke to Rob and he matched NUD online quote, and this was after i had told him of the mods to the car.

If you have owned your car for a couple of years or more i would recommend giving him a call.

Gary
Old 24 August 2005, 09:21 PM
Buzz Blaber
Scooby Regular

i have just had very similar thing happen to me but not online and just to top it all off lverpool vitoria my currant insurer wants to increase my exsesewhich has a £1000 foluntry on it
Old 25 August 2005, 07:59 PM
Clint B
Scooby Newbie

I think some companies must just get so many lazy people just re-signing with them each year because thats the easy thing to do. It may be a contributing factor as to why renewal quotes often "creep" up in price. This is my first post on here as I haven't picked a scooby to buy yet (but thought i'd sign up in preparation), but have my eye on one locally, and have been ringing round insurance companies this week. My current insurer wanted a ridiculous amount! I've been happy all evening cause I called Privilage tonight and they quoted me £444 fully comp!! Not bad for a 25 year old with two SP30s and 6 years no claims??

Clint.

Last edited by Clint B; 06 September 2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 26 August 2005, 09:01 AM
Woodgate
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up companies rely on us being lazy

You are correct. That Churchill ad on telly is boll*x, saying something like you can save hundreds on your insurance.I rang em up and got put through to referals but they still tried to shaft me.
It's a pain but better to shop around. Searched on ScoobyNet and found A PLAN. Saved hundreds.

Originally Posted by Clint B
I think some companies must just get so many lazy people just re-signing with them each year because thats the easy thing to do. It may be a contributing factor as to why renewal quotes are often "creep" up in price. This is my first post on here as I haven't picked a scooby to buy yet (but thought i'd sign up in preparation), but have my eye on one locally, and have been ringing round insurance companies this week. My current insurer wanted a ridiculous amount! I've been happy all evening cause I called Privilage tonight and they quoted me £444 fully comp!! Not bad for a 25 year old with two SP30s and 6 years no claims??

Clint.
Old 26 August 2005, 10:48 AM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

I joined A plan and had the same sort of thing happen to me with NUD!!!

super people to deal with and great price!!

thanks A plan
Old 26 August 2005, 12:17 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Rob is spot on Couldn't fault the guy, very helpful
Old 06 September 2005, 03:35 PM
thedoc
Scooby Newbie

Did they insist on a tracker? I checked for a quote for a WRX (tracker required) and a STI (no tracker)!!!?

I think some companies must just get so many lazy people just re-signing with them each year because thats the easy thing to do. It may be a contributing factor as to why renewal quotes are often "creep" up in price. This is my first post on here as I haven't picked a scooby to buy yet (but thought i'd sign up in preparation), but have my eye on one locally, and have been ringing round insurance companies this week. My current insurer wanted a ridiculous amount! I've been happy all evening cause I called Privilage tonight and they quoted me £444 fully comp!! Not bad for a 25 year old with two SP30s and 6 years no claims??

Clint.
Old 06 September 2005, 03:56 PM
Clint B
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by thedoc
Did they insist on a tracker? I checked for a quote for a WRX (tracker required) and a STI (no tracker)!!!?
No, they didn't insist on a tracker. Just told them about the cat1 alarm/immob. I wonder how much of a difference it makes on where you live?? I live in a sleepy, quite town full of old people, so it may be a "low risk" area?? I dont know.

Clint.
Old 07 September 2005, 12:04 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

No, they didn't insist on a tracker. Just told them about the cat1 alarm/immob. I wonder how much of a difference it makes on where you live?? I live in a sleepy, quite town full of old people, so it may be a "low risk" area?? I dont know.

Clint.
I'm in the same situation as you Clint. Live in a sleep village in nowhere, lOOking to get my (2nd) Scooby in around 5 weeks, so ringing to get quotes.

Just trying A-Plan now. But what i've had so far:

31, SleepyTown, Garage, 03 STi, £17k, Full NCB, Wife to drive too.
N-Union: £616
Egg: £739
eSure: £1300

Norwich union have been best for ages now, prolly because we have life, home and another car insurance with them, it all adds up. Let's see if they stay cheapest...
Old 07 September 2005, 03:22 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
I'm in the same situation as you Clint. Live in a sleep village in nowhere, lOOking to get my (2nd) Scooby in around 5 weeks, so ringing to get quotes.

Just trying A-Plan now. But what i've had so far:

31, SleepyTown, Garage, 03 STi, £17k, Full NCB, Wife to drive too.
N-Union: £616
Egg: £739
eSure: £1300

Norwich union have been best for ages now, prolly because we have life, home and another car insurance with them, it all adds up. Let's see if they stay cheapest...
Well A-Plan have come back with £789, so i'll try Privilege & Bell, but NUnion is firmly in the lead.