Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day Cover

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2000, 12:57 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm a track virgin, and have been speaking to my insurance company about doing the airfield track day in Abingdon.

I've been quoted £120, with £1500 excess that applies for the whole day. I guess that's to cover the journey home, when you might try out some of your new tricks!!!

But is the normal rate, or are there companies that will just cover me for a trackday at less money???

Andy
Old 22 May 2000, 01:25 PM
cdunleavey
Scooby Regular

Hi Andy

Not sure who you are insured with, but would be worth double checking to see if you are already covered within the scope of your policy.

I'm with Privilege and only found out that they provide airfield/track day cover free of charge via the BBS. My only obligation is to call them beforehand and inform them of the details of the event. There is not even an insurance excess increase !!!

I'm not sure if this is only offered by Privilege but it;s worth asking. It meant that I was fully covered at Abingdon last time, although there is little to damage the car on as it is obstacle free and the cars were well spaced out.

Cheers
Colin
Old 22 May 2000, 02:27 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

I'm with Greenlight!
Old 22 May 2000, 05:45 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Andy,

Greenlight claim to use insurers who are friendly to mods and track day use - give them a call and see how the land lies.

I'm proably going to get a quote from them for my P1 if they are as good as they advertise - I want to do track days

Best of luck

Yex
Old 04 October 2000, 09:39 AM
Scott!
Scooby Regular

Hmm, I'm with Privilege and didn't know about the free cover thing.. I'll give them a call later and check it out.. They seem flexible as they are one of the only companies I could find that would insure my car with a Roll Cage!

Another Q tho' Anyone checked about whether track day accidents would invalidate their life Insurance policies...

Bit drastic I know but better safe than sorry - So the wife keeps telling me!

Scott!
Old 04 October 2000, 06:23 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

If it,s just track day insurance your after try Eggar Lawson on 01159 415255 (ask for nik) they currently have an SIDC deal on.
Old 19 October 2000, 08:27 AM
Scott!
Scooby Regular

Colin,

Check with Privelege... I phoned them last night and was told that they no longer do any sort of Track Day cover...

Scott!
Old 19 October 2000, 09:27 AM
Dark
Scooby Regular

Smile

I've been with Privilege since last December and they have covered me for 5 track days this year, the last only 2 weeks ago!

However I have found when phoning that sometimes the operator isn't sure of the situation and has to check with a supervisor.

Dark
Old 19 October 2000, 10:01 AM
Scott!
Scooby Regular

Hmm, this guy seemed pretty convinced last night.. Maybe I'll try again and see if I get a different result...

Strange.

Scott!
Old 20 October 2000, 08:19 AM
NickP
Scooby Regular

I renewed with Privilege last night and they confirmed that track day cover *is* included. They're supposed to be putting this in writing to me.

However, he said that their systems have recently merged with Direct Line, which means that *new* business has a different policy to *repeat*/*existing* business. It may be that new business doesn't get track day cover.

This is a slightly confusing issue (which is why I'm trying to get it in writing). ATS Euromaster, who actually use Privilege to underwrite gave track day cover but 'only up to 2 cars on the track at once'.

Nick
Old 25 October 2000, 09:11 AM
Scott!
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yep, tried again and a different result, this time the bloke spoke to the underwriters and I am covered providing there is no timing and it is not a race. Track driving is OK.

Need to ring them each time tho'...

Seems the confusion is caused by a change in underwriters and it depends on when you originally took out the policy or something..

I'm happy now tho'!

Scott!
Old 25 October 2000, 11:56 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Cool

Scott...make sure you ring them well in advance...otherwsie you might find you are disappointed ...i.e. if on a Friday evening they turn round and say they can't cover you because a change in policy or something.

Nothing like a pessimist...but make sure you advise them a couple of days ahead of when cover is required.