Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

write-off help

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2004, 05:47 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy write-off help

**** **** and more ****
The vehicle assesor called me today and told me my crashed my99 is a cat-c write off. he also said he would be sending the insurance company(l&v) a payout price from the "glass guide" at £4200.
jesus christ!!!!!!!!!.............
wots the FECKin point in ASKIN THE VEHICLE VALUE when i took out the insurance if they only pay out on the glass guide.
WOT A LOAD OF BOLLUKS......
if thats all my impreza is worth then why dont they link to the glasses guide and auto value vehicles at the time of insurance purchase.
ITS a mint (or was) classic with prodrive package and prodrive brakes n wheels possibly worth 7-8grand
Yet to call L&V so any advice how to go about sorting this would be apperciated.
dont wanna loose my scooby.
Old 21 September 2004, 08:38 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Call them first, you don't have to except the first offer.

Have you told them what you have just posted?

Have you sent in service documentation/receipts etc highlighting the car has been well looked after?

What price's are like for like Subaru's going for at the moment. I appreciate you won't be able to find an exact like for like, but there's loads for sale on the Auto trader web site, so you should be able to get close.

When you do find some, send in copies of the adverts. This will help substantiate what price you are looking for.

Good luck mate

simb
Old 24 September 2004, 11:16 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeh dont accept the offer and tell them you think the offer is way too low based on market prices. I had this with a written off pug205gti, when I went back to them, they upped their offer by 1K! It should be more in your case, as its obviously worth alot more than the pug was.
Old 24 September 2004, 11:21 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh another thing, I dont know how badly damaged it is, but it might be worth buying the car back off the insurer as salvage (you have to pay something like 10% of the write-off value) fixing it and then sell it. I did this with the Pug and made another £650 from it I guess it depends on how badly damaged it is. I know Scoobs are expensive to fix, but I also know insurers will write-off a car with not much damage, if they think they cannot justify the cost to repair it.
Old 28 September 2004, 06:03 PM
richto
Scooby Regular

You are entitled to 'market value'. Go look through dealers forecourts and find examples of the cost of an equivalent replacement...'market value' doesnt have to mean trade or private sale value.
Old 29 September 2004, 08:44 AM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

L&V dont make you declare modifications...but instruct you to take photo's/have proof of modifications that enhance value...your £4.2k should be bumped up by value of the wheels/PPP and brakes.
Cman
Old 29 September 2004, 10:23 AM
PARTS4U
Scooby Regular

glasses guide price for a my 99 4wd turbo saloon with 57k is trade approx 7k retail 9k
where the hell did he get just over 4k from ?????