Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Punished for being the innocent party!

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2004, 09:02 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Punished for being the innocent party!

A mate of mine has recently been involved in an accident in a company 'pool' car.

He was sat at traffic lights and was hit from behind by a whacking great lorry trying (and failing) to negotiate a corner.

The point of the thread is; he checked with his own insurance company as to whether he would have to declare this as a non-fault accident, especially as it was in a company pool car. Even though it wasn't his fault and not his car and they have said that he would have to declare it.

Thats fine...except.....

His policy will be increased by £270.00!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

How can they justify this????? Why should he have to pay an extra £270 this year because of something completely out of his control and not his fault???

Makes me wonder if he should have been so honest in the first place!

Honesty doesn't seem to pay anymore!
Old 25 August 2004, 10:01 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sir Fozz - I think there must be a huge mistake there. Did the person in the offshore call centre really understand what they were being told? He certainly should declare a non-fault accident, but it shouldn't make any difference to his premium.

I'd call them again and ask to speak to someone who actually understands the problem.
Old 26 August 2004, 12:29 AM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Wink

I just would not be suprised by this! From what I have heard, this is quite normal!!!!! I have been involved in a none fault accident recently and I have been told from this bbs that MY insurance will GO UP because of someone else deciding to hit me. The insurance now think that I have more risk of being in an accident know. Since the accident I am more than £500 down in losses! Do you think I will get this money back? not a chance! Thanks very much for not putting your make up on in the house instead of my car! BITTER!! wey no man.

Well Yes!

I can see why people dont have any insurance, Your damned if you have it and damned if you do have it and someone hits you, either way you get still get fukcde up the you know what!

Last edited by GREEN SCOOBY; 26 August 2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 26 August 2004, 12:25 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

My preimium went through the roof when a third (uninsured) party smacked my car into next week. Had to claim on my insurance, but they treat it like its a fault accident rather than a no-fault accident.

Dave
www.scoobyphotos.com
Old 26 August 2004, 01:02 PM
Stephen F
Scooby Regular

Angry

We are SO ANGRY!

Had our renewal through from Bell Direct for our MY02 WRX
£845.25 with basic mods and no tracker (exhaust,morretes,spolier etc)

Thought this was a bit steep but as it is my fiancee's car and she is under 30 L&V are not an option.

In June we were in my car with missus driving. While stationary and indicating to pull into a parking space some kind pizza delivery guy drove into the back of us ( in a 20 limit with large speed humps ).

Pizza guy admits liability at the scene and police arrive and state thay are going to prosecute him.

Spoke to Bell Direct this morning regarding the non fault collision who informed me the renewal price would be increased to £1026.20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I repeated that this was non fault and Tesco had even waived my excess as liability had been admitted by the third party who was being prosecuted.

They stated that people who have non fault accidents are more likley to have a claim in the next 12 months.

I explained that neither of us have evey had a claim fault or non in the 13 and 10 years we have been driving respectivley

They would not budge.

Don't know what to do now, thinking about just selling the scoob, have never paid over £1K for insurance even when I had a cosworth in my early 20's and refuse to do so now.

I wish I had just settled with the guy in cash and put up with the wiplash we both suffered

Does anybody know which companies I should try as when you mention such swear words as MODIFICATIONS or NO TRACKER most will not even quote

Rant over

Hope you guys can help

Thanks

Stephen
Old 27 August 2004, 10:11 AM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

I had a claim about 2 years ago other party was at fault my insurance went down
Old 27 August 2004, 11:58 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Sir Foz
Just have a word with Chris about the little old lady in a Metro!!!
JohnD
Old 27 August 2004, 03:23 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

JohnD - Oh yeah! What happened to his insurance after that?!?!
Old 27 August 2004, 05:48 PM
rapala
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Stephen F

I wish I had just settled with the guy in cash and put up with the wiplash we both suffered
As you have wiplash aren't you going to claim for compensation - £3-5k each that should cover your insurance going up. In this day'n'age I would play the game