Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liverpool Victoria and protected no claims

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2004, 10:00 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Liverpool Victoria and protected no claims

I have a modified 01 WRX and they have insured me for the last two years without a problem.I had to swerve today to avoid something in the road and basically I'm gonna need a new front bumper now after catching a post. (Might have to go through the insurance as one of my £180 STi mesh foglamp covers is goosed too so it could work out expensive!!)
When I called them,they told me that I don't have protected no claims even though I was sold this as part of the policy when I joined them nearly two years ago. (I'm 32 and have 9+ years no claims discount)
I've checked on my insurance certificate and it doesn't mention protected no claims (And it doesn't mention that I don't have it either for that matter )
They are now gonna try and retrieve my telephone conversation from nearly two years ago (They record all calls apparently!!) and go from there.I think I'm onto a loser with this one but has anyone else had similar problems with them??
I guess I don't have a leg to stand on here but do I have any rights??

Cheers

Nick
Old 13 May 2004, 10:02 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Have people been offered protected no claims when they've called LV to take a policy out with them??
Old 13 May 2004, 10:14 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

I'm with Liv/Vic and I had to ask for protected no claims , it cost me an extra £40.

Phil
Old 13 May 2004, 10:28 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

They probably will have the phone call recorded and if it was offered during the phone call you'll be set. Do you have the docs from previous years, it may be worth checking if they mention the protection.
Old 14 May 2004, 09:28 AM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

I've got Protected NC with LV. Well, at least I think I have! I'll check my policy tonight.
Old 14 May 2004, 12:59 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

I've got Protected NC with LV. Well, at least I think I have! I'll check my policy tonight.
Same here......paranoia sets in - have we all been mis-sold?

Surely not, but bit of a pi$$er if you have. Hope you get it sorted ok.

Max
Old 14 May 2004, 01:04 PM
sooby
Scooby Regular

Many phone calls are not taped and kept.
Remember that even protecting your NCB won't protect against an increase in premium - it just protects the discount you get. So your new premium maybe twice that of last year if you claim even though you keep your discount! Something to think about.

If you can do without £180 STi mesh foglamp covers for a while, maybe it'd be worth saving for it?
Old 14 May 2004, 01:09 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

i was under the belief that if you crashed and claimed you lost 2 years of your no claims if unprotected. so if you have 9 years no claims then you go down to 7 still giving you full no claims.

im not sure if this is the case in all insurers, so it may not affect you.

good luck either way
Old 14 May 2004, 01:43 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

I'm with LV and am also under the impression that my NCB is protected but I've never checked the certificate or the insurance booklet for confirmation.

As someone else has said, it may protect your NCB but it doesn't protect your premium.
Old 14 May 2004, 02:16 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Well i have protected no-claim on my insurance.
However it does not state it in my "Certificate of Motor Insurance"
But it does say it on my other documents i got sent like the ones that have the total cost and "what you need to do now" etc papers.

So on these other papers it says:

Yout insurance includes:
70% Protected No Claim Discount

Also i would of thought for a mere £400 i would of prefered to keep my insurance out of all of it and pay out of pocket.
I had some vandals dent my car and i got that sorted myself and then recently some scallys put thinners down one side of my car and that total cost works out at around £700 which i DID NOT go through the insurance companies.
(Bloody jealous ***** think oh well he's got cover but there is more to it than that).

So you may well ask why but let me tell you this.

Your protected no-claims ARE ONLY protected for 2 consecutive claims made within 2 years. Make 3 claims in 2 years and you lose your no claims discount and a percentage of your reduced rate.
So if i actually would of claimed for both these times then it would of been bye bye Scooby as my insurance would not of been protected no claim bonus etc after the 2 claims and then gone down to normal insurance.
Maybe the jealous idiots are trying to make me claim more than twice then they win as i cannot afford the insurance anymore and scooby no more?

Bite the bullet mate and trust me could you afford to make a claim now and then something hapen again and then bang goes you insurance thereafter.
I know i cant afford £3000+ insurance!

Leave you claims for really expensive stuff like a write off or a stolen non recovered car etc or any other big massive damage thats going to cost a few of the thousands to repair.
Crap to know that insurance companies have a get out clause after 2 years but thats the way of the world.
Also i think that if you have a crash where you are not the person responsible then you wont have to worry as your cover is not affected as you will not be claiming on your insurance as it will be the other parties fault.

Good Luck!

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 14 May 2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 14 May 2004, 06:41 PM
sooby
Scooby Regular

I probably don'tknow what I'm talking about here but I think the question "have you had a claim in the last..." has to be answered yes even if it's against someone else's insurance. I just seem to recall that some people have suffered even when it hasn't been their fault :-(.

I would do what DJ WATTS suggests - don't claim on insurance unless it is pretty well terminal. Life can sometimes be a bytch!