Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bl**dy Suicidal Deer !!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2004, 11:00 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bl**dy Suicidal Deer !!!

On my way home this afternoon I had the unfortunate hassle of hitting 2 deer

The suicidal ******* jumped straight out of hedge within a foot of the van, then bang, not a hope in hells chance of stopping in time - mushed venison all up the front of the van . It has taken a bit of a battering but it still drives ok, broken headlamp, bent wing, bonnet and mashed bumper etc, police informed and were advised to come out due to one of the nutty hedge jumpers still clinging on to life in the road, the other one had died instantly so I put the carcass on the bank, while waiting for the police to arrive to sort out the rest of the carnage.

My question is on the insurance side of things - how bad is this going to screw me in the future in the respect of making a claim on the company van insurance due to the suicidal sleigh pullers ?

Fault wise eg. 50/50 non fault etc?

Huxley
Old 15 May 2004, 12:59 AM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

...should have put him in the freezer not on the bank. Venison and chips..yummy!

I hit a young fox the other night....didn't do him or my P1 front splitter alot of good...knocked a self taping screw out and chipped the paint work...but fortunetely didn't split the plastic.

smurfy
Old 15 May 2004, 11:08 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

When both the missus and myself hit deer it was all our fault according to insurance. I lost some no claims and she would have but had protected no claims. When I was speaking to one of the insurance people he actually said " Can you prove the deer jumped out in front of you?". I felt like telling him that i had to chase it all over Rannoch Moor before I got it
Thankfully I have just moved from Fort William so don't have to drive through Deer City (Glencoe) any more.
Alas