Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-turbo import/insurance help

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2004, 04:45 PM
smallgreen
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Non-turbo import/insurance help

I'm about to buy a grey import model 2.0 non turbo wagon (think its a HX 2.0S) but my insurers are claiming its a WRX from their database on the reg. no and refusing to insure for less than WRX rates!!!
I'm waiting to recieve a copy of the V5 from the seller to fax to the insurers but time is becoming an issue as I need transport soon.
I'm reluctant to hand over the money untill I am sure that I can sort the insurance.

Has anyone out there experienced this with a non turbo model & has some guidance for me??

Also I'd appreciate some model info- it appears to have a a Sti suspension pack(spring rates are extremely high)
/strutbrace /Nardi steering / and a stainless exhaust system
Old 30 March 2004, 03:22 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like when it was registered in the UK, Dvla have put down the wrong model. The only way to sort this out is to contact Dvla and sort it out that way or plead with the Insurance company that Dvla have made the mistake. This is quite a common thing with the Dvla unfortunately.

simb