Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCB after Company Car

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2004, 12:01 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default NCB after Company Car

Prior to having my current company car, I had 7 years NCB. I've had my company car for near on 3 years now, and I'm looking at taking the cash rather than the car.

Does anybody know of any insurance company that will honor my NCB from 3 years ago as well as my 3 years under the company scheme that I have now?

Cheers
Old 30 March 2004, 12:53 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think most insurers would Qwerty, providing you have (or can still get) written confirmation from your last insurer plus the same from the insurer of the company car.
Old 30 March 2004, 12:54 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

If you can prove no claims as far back as you say, most companies will offer you at least 5 years.

I opted out of the car scheme after 14 years of company car driving and i was offered 5-7 years no claims by all of the companies i approached,i had to prove via company letters that i had made no claims.
Old 30 March 2004, 02:44 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Cool. I've got a proposal from my last own insurance at home which says 7years NCB. I thought at the time that it might be a good idea to keep hold of that bit of paper

Thanks for the good news !!
Old 30 March 2004, 02:52 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

Norwich Union Direct will recognise no claims discount earnt upto to 3 years ago. Quite a few direct companies only recognise 2 years.
The company car driving will earn you a introductory bonus, but you will not normally be able to protect it until having had it for 2 years with the new company.
If you use the NCD from 3 years ago, you will be able to protect it, because you have ectually earnt it, not been given it as intro.

Hope that makes sense
Old 30 March 2004, 03:11 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

On production of a letter from your Employees, on headed paper, signed by director or senior person. You must of been the sole user of the company car and were allowed to use the vehicle for pleasure purposes aswell as business use. If you contact Norwich Union (through a Broker) you will be able to convert your company claim free years into NCD. You will also have the option to protect these years.

simb
Old 30 March 2004, 07:45 PM
rotty
Scooby Regular

I had bever had a policy in my own anme until a few weeks ago , on production of a letter I was offered 5 years NCB by all insurers except L+V who only offered 1 year
Old 31 March 2004, 07:06 AM
orbv
Scooby Regular

It depends from Company to company who long they let no claims last and if they will use a letter from your Company. Had 5 years worth of Company no claims and 9 private before that. Found a insurance company that would give me full (5 years) but would not protect it for the first year. The year after it was propper no claims so could shop around.
Old 31 March 2004, 10:43 AM
rotty
Scooby Regular

Just to add that I went with Admiral who also let me protect the 5 years NCB thay allowed me