Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insuring PPP (again!)

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2004, 12:56 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I have searched.

How do you list the PPP on a WRX? Are there any insurers who list it as PPP? Currently I have it listed as "Engine Chip 11-25% inc BHP" and "Exhaust/manifold non standard".
28 years old, 4 years NCB.

Tried Churchill, Direct Line, Adrian Flux, Tesco, Greenlight, NUD, AA and LV.

The lady at Tesco even told me they didn't have a WRX listed for 2003 ! (?)
Old 19 January 2004, 01:11 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Question

Now I'm really P'd off! I just went through Admirals online quote, based on the above info (WRX with BHP increase and non standard exhaust) and got a quote of 1340. Then I changed the car to WRX STi, and the quote reduced to 795 !! WTF?
Old 19 January 2004, 01:29 PM
RB5 JO
Scooby Regular

Angry

i am havin the same problem mate,if anyone has any info it would make things easier ,i will let you know if i have any luck
cheers
jo
Old 19 January 2004, 05:11 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Seems like the insurance market has changed from last year! Looking through old posts I find that someone paid £160 extra for PPP with Direct line... they want £400 extra from me, and a £1000 excess.

Someone else: Axa PPP increase = 0. For me, Axa said "we don't insure imprezas for new business".

Thrird person: PPP on STi 8 with Privilege: No increase. Very strange, as they list the mod as 16% increase in power and exhaust like most other insurers. Maybe this person opted for the "WRX STi Prodrive" description, which is just the styling mods and not the PPP.

Forth person: Adding PPP to WRX with Elephant meant an increase of £240. For me, adding PPP to elephant means an increase of £560.

Fifth person: really cheap quote for WRX PPP in central London after arguing with Admiral that it should be less than STi. I tried that, and got the "we really hate mods" reply.

Still confused. I have a funny feeling some people are not declaring the non-standard exhaust when they mention PPP and getting a lower quote.

Best so far is Privilege at <£900, with 750 xs and tracker.

Subaru insure said "we're having problems getting competitive cover for WRX PPP at the moment". Tell me about it!

Old 19 January 2004, 05:53 PM
RB5 JO
Scooby Regular

Red face

I have now had to result in cancelling my insurance with Direct Line and have had to use Subaru.
So far, all the insurance companies I've contacted have failed to recognise what PPP means exactly.
I was even told that those who are insuring subarus 'with added PPP' are possibly under insured! Every insurance company I have liaised with relates to PPP as 'prodrive style'. Evidently they are not aware that it is something to do with official subaru modification! How scarey is this?
Therefore, please beware. My insurance via Subaru has cost me an additional £300.
Old 19 January 2004, 06:12 PM
TREV
Scooby Regular

Ring l+v
Tell them you have had engine mods, exhaust mods and thats it.
They wont even bother.
Old 19 January 2004, 10:13 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

RB5 JO,

I suppose I am in a good position in that I don't need the car for work, in fact I don't need the car at all, so I have an unlimited time to shop around if I don't renew my insurance.
I filled in my details with confused.com, and they came back with a quote of 869 from Endsleigh, and I think that was without tracker, with a voluntary xs of 500.

That's more in the ball park I was hoping for.

Hope this is of some help to you if you haven't already tried them.

TREV: I'm 28 LV won't touch me.
I hope LV are still accepting Impreza's when I reach 30 !!
Old 20 January 2004, 10:53 AM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Angry

Endsleigh, why bother?
They phone me up to clarify the £869 quote, and despite confused.com giving them all the details of the PPP mods, they didn't include these in the quote. The new quote is >£2000.

Sod this, I'm off to buy something easier to insure! Getting an unmodified 400BHP 5 litre M5 would cost only £1184 per year!

Anyone, please inject some sense into this thread!
Old 23 January 2004, 08:50 PM
M.Hilder
Scooby Newbie

I wish I could inject some sence into this thread, I gave up and cancelled my order on the PPP because I couldn't find a sensible quote.
L&V said come back when I 30, which is only 2 months away.

Martin
Old 24 January 2004, 02:49 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

I was surprised by the insurance quotes on a PPP'd WRX, the STI worked out significantly cheaper for me to insure using the more common insurers like tesco, admiral, elephant.
It's madness

Dipster

Old 30 January 2004, 08:55 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Same here
Old 01 February 2004, 08:22 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm already with L & V on a moddied JDM Forester (260 bhp) which attracted £530.
I've now switched to a MY04 Impreza wagon this week and declared the PPP as engine mods and exhaust mod, together with the Prodrive Alcons and a spoiler. Extra premium has been £80 so i'm pretty smug

Nick