Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Location, location, location

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2003, 08:13 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I'm moving to Portsmouth soon (PO5 postcode) from Hayling Island which, for those who don't know, is just to the east of Portsmouth (about 3 miles as the crow flies) but out of the actual city. I thought I'd get an on-line quote to see if the new postcode makes much difference...

I currently pay about £1.1k (with Privilege) mods declared, standard car would be £740 with Tesco (£450 XS) kept in a garage.

Quote for the same car a few miles down the road: £1093 . That's if it was garaged. It will actually be parked off road so I changed that too: £1127

So the premium goes up from £740 to £1127 which is a 52% increase . Project that to my current premium of £1.1k and you get the glorious figure of £1675!

I'm 24 and I know that this is still probably less than other people my age pay but I am not prepared to waste that much money on a car. I hope I've worked it out wrong or I my insurance company surprise me but if not, with a mortgage to pay now the Scooby could be gone by the end of the year.

The moral of this story? For those (me included) who can't understand the massive discrepancies in premium between two drivers with almost identical credentials...

Location, location, location.

Oh well, more money for beer.

J
Old 12 November 2003, 08:28 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

well if u ever sell ya wheels J let us know lol

U should try L&V are are silly cheap well they were for mine and they dont give a to$$ about mods,well thats the impression they give

Good luck with the move m8
Old 12 November 2003, 08:34 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate.

L&V don't do under 25s. They don't even do under 30s according to some peeps.
Oh well, I'll do the rolling road thing then see how I'm coping after the first month of bills. Could be time to go and see my boss about that payrise again I think...