Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Privilege!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2003, 05:18 PM
Langy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

23 years old (24 next week), been with privilege for 4 years, max no claims, good postcode and clean licence

Picture the scene, in March I renewed my policy for my UK turbo that i started insuring with them first when I was 22, 3 weeks ago I sold my Impreza and got an old mondeo V6 from the auctions to run about in til I decide what i'm wanting next, got money back as expected.

Decided I quite fancied a Lotus elise, a lower insurance i believe! Called Mr Insurance only to be told they wouldn't insure it and that I would need to be 25!! I kindly pointed out that I was insured on an Impreza Turbo about a week before and that the policy I had taken out with them was for, technically, this group of car! He then tells me it was 21 when I took the policy but 25 now for these types of car

Now, i asked what would happen if I went and bought my old car back and wanted it put back on the policy what would they say? Oh, he says, we would insure that as it would be "daft" not too

So if he can make an exeption on an existing policy why can't he make it for a different car, I mean, WTF!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I'll also point out at this point I was first insured with them at 20 in a Sapphire Cosworth 4x4

Please someone confirm the madness of this so i know it's not me
Old 25 October 2003, 12:53 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with these guys - I got a renewal for Lotus Carlton for £800 - so i phoned them and got a quote of £450. So I took it, then cancelled other insurance. About 3 months later they contacted me to say that they had made a mistake with the 450 insurance and that could do what I did. I said I did all the proper things to renew my insurance, and its their fault their system did not pick something so blatantly obvious as what I was doing (I was only chancing it).

Oh, and they threatened to cancel my cover if I didnt send them proof of No Claims - luckily I'd been this route with them the year previously and got it recorded delivery - so I gave them the recipients name. No even a thanks - but hey, do I care LOL!!