Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liverpool Vic and Agreed Values

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2003, 11:29 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last year I insured with them because they were cheaper than anyone else and they said they insured my modifcations on a replacement basis although I never got this in writing

I just thought I'd ask them this yr about this and have been categorically told by a number of people that LV dont do agreed value polices - I suspected as much - Given I have receipts for about £25k of mods I did doubt whether I would be covered in the event of a write off

If the car is written off then I will get Market Value as the policy states - but if I say have a front end collision they should replace the front mounted intercooler with another one, ect - thats what I keep getting told - but if I write off my 4 door sti5 which I've spend a fortune on then I'll probably get about £18k, being about £13k plus uplift to reflect some mods but the fact that I'd never realise the amount I've spent!!

Who does agreed Values - and do they quote horrendously - I've been told that Adrian Flux does but then it can take hours to get through to them - so I wont bother with them

On a separate topic does any know any good companies that do restricted mileage policies on highly modded cars??? - I'm a bit fed up with spending £1k a year when I drive less than 5000 miles in what is a second car to me?
Old 21 August 2003, 01:12 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

I was with L&V lat year, now with Norwich Union with restricted mileage of 6000, quote was around £440 and they included my exhaust mods, brake mods, 17 alloys etc.
Old 22 August 2003, 01:26 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Thanks

I've tried insurance companies that use NU and they wont touch me due to extensive engine mods

Looks like I'll have to go with LV again