Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Admiral

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2003, 04:45 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really an issue for me now but just to pre warn you all about the monkies that work for admiral.

Christmas eve 1999 im dropping some mates off home before we go and get smashed. Driving up a normal road when this old guy pulls out of a supermarket car park so late that I end up in the side of him, his fault.

We stopped, swapped details and went about our business. I did my usual doormat part of making sure he was alright and telling him not to worry its only a car and all that bull.

A couple of weeks later I get a letter saying that Mr X says he was never in an accident. So now im furious, knowing that im about to be stitched up. I found out where he lived and confronted him, still he denied it. At this point i was so annoyed that i reported him to the police for dangerous driving (this was the only way the police would do anything about it), suddenly when the police officers turned up he remembered it all and said he would contact his insurance company.

Any way, to cut a long storey short, he lied and wriggled like a worm trying to get out of it. Because I had initially claimed to fix my car to give it back to ford, i had lost all my no claims. We all know what its like trying to get affordable insurance when your 17 and have a crash on your insurance.

For 2 years this went on - Admiral reccomended that I cut my losses and got over it!

Their team of solicitors were about as usefull as chocolate kettle.

I eventually took the *** to small claims court personally, and successfully got my money and no-claims back.

The moral of the storey is this -

A) always have a copper attend the scene of an accident, because you cant even trust nice old guys anymore.

B) Admiral are a bunch (fill in this area with words you believe fit)

[Edited by fitzscoob - 5/29/2003 4:53:52 PM]