Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schofields - what a refreshing change

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2003, 10:58 PM
Hel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am getting a new STI 8 PPP and like anyone else would, I rang around for quotes/used web sites etc.

Schofields came out cheapest and didn't "run a mile" when I mentioned PPP. In fact the increase for adding PPP was just £100(thats just £2 per week).

But the refreshing things are
1) they know exactly what PPP is (with most ins co you have to spend 5 minutes explaining to someone exactly what it is and that even though it is a chip + exhaust etc you can't tell them how much power the chip adds etc as its a complete package. You then have to wait another 5 minutes while they go of to the underwriters - never a good sign)
2) If you have to ring them back you can get hold of the person you spoke to originally
3) The quote doesn't change each time you ring(with most ins co's the price you get quoted seems to depend on who is taking your call - I say this from experience). I got a quote 6(?) weeks ago , rang up last Thursday and got exactly the same quote - fills me with confidence that the operator is putting the details in correctly
4) they know about the 03 model STI (8). Norwich Union and Liverpool Vic coudln't even find the 03 STI - its not as if its just come out or its a rare car after all.

Keep up the good work and remember that when people ask or quotes probably 2 things matter most
1) the quote itself(obviously)
2) knowing that the person you're talking to knows about subaru etc(Theres nothing worse than speaking to a 17 girl(flame suit on) who doesn't even know what an impreza is never mind a PPP)

I feel sorry for the people who have loads of mods on their car (at least PPP is a single package).

BTW the person I dealt with was Craig.

Paul
Old 29 May 2003, 12:08 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Schofileds, aka "Subaru Insured"
Old 29 May 2003, 06:19 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for your comments Paul.

We are the first to admit that we don't always manage to get the best deal and that at times people are asked if they can call back...or even for us to call back at a less busy time...but one thing I think we have got right (most of the time anyway) is the level of knowledge that all of the team have with regard to the brand (standard and modified vehicles). We pride ourselves in offering a personal service, which in the days of call centres etc etc I personally feel is becoming rarer and rarer.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain competitive rates within the present market place. We are all aware of Liverpool Victoria, Tescos, Privilege and Direct Line offering some superb prices....the question is will it last??? Our rates within the market have remained fairly consistent for the last couple of years, with a great deal of support from Groupama, Zurich and Norwich Union (amongst others)...hopefully over the next few months we will be able to show some significant premium reductions to assist with even more owners ...including myself

Since taking over the Subaru Insured scheme (managing it on behalf of Subaru UK) in July of last year we have issued in excess of 1,000 policies....I think you'll all agree that its not a bad effort for a small provincial broker, based in Leeds....so we must be doing something right

Once again many thanks for your comments...I am aware than John Stringer, our scheme manager has passed a copy of this thread to Craig and that your comments have been well received by him...its nice to get credit for hard work once in a while

Thanks again.

Tom (aka Rum*)
Director
Subaru Insured

http://www.subaru-insured.co.uk

[Edited by Rum* - 5/29/2003 6:20:50 PM]