Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused.com ??????

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2002, 10:59 AM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

OK you've probably all seen the advert on tv, sign up your details and let them search through 98% of insurance companys, well, let me say in the words of a scotsman, PISH, tried this outfit for both my scooby and my girlfriends focus, 400 pound more than my tesco policy, even though they use tesco in there search ???????. focus was 300 pound more as well. sounds almost like a typical insurance firm's false advertising campaign.

cheers
Old 05 September 2002, 01:50 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Yeah i did the same! Got a quote with Norwich Union yet when i went throught this system, they added another £300 to be insured with, Norwich Union! Waste of time......
Old 05 September 2002, 05:20 PM
Tommy 2000
Scooby Regular

Angry

...have just posted my experience with this incompetent bunch of wasters!!

T
Old 06 September 2002, 07:05 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Angry

Also harrass you on the phone a few days afterwards !!!!!!!!
Old 08 September 2002, 10:17 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

They must be having a laugh!!..

I just got a quote for my STI!!... £706.00!!! Sounds great...huh...underwritten by NU...ummmm....yea....go on....£120.00 Xs???....strange....I thought NU Xs was higher and that NU Direct wouldn't do the STI...read on a little....yea...quote based on a Sport???....weird...I filled in the form right...STI still showing on it...however they advise me that my quote is correct....just for the wrong vehicle ??? Very strange

Rum*
Old 12 September 2002, 12:12 PM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got this email from them when trying to insure my car (http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=115898)

Christian

We're really sorry but we have been unable to help you find your car insurance this year using our price comparison technology.

If you are wondering why...

Our price comparison technology has found as many quotes for you as possible, but some of your details fall outside the parameters set by some of the insurance companies currently on the Internet.

Sorry we couldn't help you this time round.

Don't quit there, we recommend you contact one of our business partners on free phone 08000 888 888 as they have off screen authority and should be able to offer you a very competitive quotation.

The Confused Search Team
www.confused.com
mailto:Search.Team@Confused.com
Old 13 September 2002, 08:04 PM
ed_209
Scooby Regular

Cool

I tried confused.com and now Iam confused? the best quote they could get was....are you ready for this £8427.00. Not bad for a 33year old with full no claims, no acc or cons cat 1 alarm and imob and rac trackstar fitted on a 96 wrx wagon inport with no mods. Now let me see should I take there quote...I don't think so..

Don't think that confused.com will last for any lenght of time.

Regards ( deeply confused)
Ed-209

PS I pay at the moment £849.00 a year with direct line for full comp with protected no claims.
Old 16 September 2002, 01:01 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Just tried it too, they wanted nearly 3k i pay just over 1k now so which one do you think ill be using in the future confused.com or LV

Tony
Old 22 September 2002, 09:34 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yep, spent ages going through all the questions on the website, pretty dissapointed witrh the results. Waste of time....
Old 22 September 2002, 01:40 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Angry

I got the same reply as Christian R.

I've got a modded import and it's parked on the road in Central London. However I'm 34, have a clean licence (touch wood) and have made no claims in well over 5 years - the last one being for stolen recovered in the early nineties. I also do sub 5k miles per year, not to mention the cat 1 alarm/immob, disklok and wheel clamp. The cars only worth 5-6k as well.

I'd rather get a silly quote than waste time getting nowhere. Other internet sites will tell you straight away if they don't insure imports or modded cars. As I currently pay £1750 with 4 years no claims, it shouldn't be that hard to beat.

I won't even bother with these muppets again.
Old 26 September 2002, 07:11 AM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

I have been trying these guys out for various combinations of cars & named drivers. The quotes returned so far nearly always seem to be from a couple of brokers (IYM.com & DIR_Choice) with all the well known insurers quoted as 'being unable to provide a quote because some of my details do not meet their parameters'.

And funnily enough, when you check out some of the quotes, the cars are completely different to the details given when completing the quote info!!

Big Den

Could they possibly be a broker or agent?
Old 26 September 2002, 02:13 PM
jamesjones
Scooby Regular

For a laugh, I thought I'd have a go, even though there is no way anyone will beat my LV quote of £480 protected. Well I was quoted £1311 by just Elephant even though Elephant quote less than £1000 if I do it through their website.

There are some naive people out there who will think that what they advertise is true and just take the quotes.

It's not the fact that they come back with high quotes because it's up to people to shop around. It's the fact that they give misleading quotes that are 30% more for companies than if you had gone to them directly. This makes people not go to them directly because they think they have the lowest quote already.

Watchdog should investigate them. Criminal

J
Old 26 September 2002, 10:45 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Having spent some time last night putting in quote requests for a few options of car & drivers, I got the first few replies with results then started getting 'tick, tock - our search is taking longer than normal' messages. Have now just checked my e-mail & got a couple of replies with the following response included:

__________________________________________________ ______________
We're really sorry but we have been unable to help you find your car
insurance this year using our price comparison technology.

If you are wondering why...

Our price comparison technology has found as many quotes for you as
possible, but some of your details fall outside the parameters set by some
of the insurance companies currently on the Internet.

Sorry we couldn't help you this time round.

Don't quit there, we recommend you contact one of our business partners on
free phone 08000 888 888 as they have off screen authority and should be
able to offer you a very competitive quotation.
__________________________________________________ _____________

To put the icing on the cake I got a telephone call earlier today from one of the 'brokers' that seems to appear on every list of quoted results - Direct Choice. They were asking if I was going ahead with the insurance as quoted. Considering I had put the start dates for all enquiries as 1 November & had submitted around 8 different requests, they were obviously a bit keen to say the least!!

Agree with the watchdog comment above - what are these guys on?

Den
Old 26 September 2002, 11:22 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I cant stand their amateur logo either [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 28 September 2002, 04:05 PM
CryptKeeper777
Scooby Newbie

well my Mums old insurance company wouldnt insure me on the Golf GTI (mk4) - im 17. Tescos were askin 4 grand or somethin but got a quote of 1500 on confused.com - very helpful. How do they actually make any money though?