Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused.com qoute cheaper than a-plan renewal, will it stay the qouted price?

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2007, 06:39 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused.com qoute cheaper than a-plan renewal, will it stay the qouted price?

confused.com qouted me thru admiral nearly £50 cheaper than my renewal from a-plan. similar excess and cover (mods replaced with OE spec upon repair etc)

thing is has anyone got the price qouted when they've contacted the company direct off of the confused site? i fully expect to phone up and be told there's some glitch and it will actually be more than computer qouted.

don't want to pay over the top and would really like to go back to a-plan and see if they can match, just don't want to burn my bridges by giving them a figure i'll never get on paper!

any experiences people?
Old 24 May 2007, 07:59 AM
Jen_M
Scooby Regular

Confused also got me a quote through Diamond which was less then A-Plan. On reflection they are bound to find at least one lower than your renewal as they ask what your renewal is.

Someone will undercut the price to get your business in the hope tht next year you will just renew without checking round.

Did you notice Confused do not contact Direct Line, Churchill, Tesco and Egg?

I am going to make some phone calls, will get back to you later.
Old 24 May 2007, 12:07 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jen_M
Confused also got me a quote through Diamond

Did you notice Confused do not contact Direct Line, Churchill, Tesco and Egg?

Confused.com used to be known as Inspop.com and were purchased by Admiral Group.

Admiral group also incorporates Lady Diamond, Bell Direct, Gladiator and Elephant within their group of trading entities.

RBS Group own Direct Line, Privilege & Churchill. In addition to UK Insurance (who provide the Tesco & Barclays Insurance plans).

EGG are owned by Prudential Insurance.

It may just be a case of conflicting group politics (ie. RBS/PRU don't want their rates & terms to be provided to or via a competitor, or it may be that Admiral do not wish their competitors brands to appear against them upon their confused.com website).
Old 24 May 2007, 03:37 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight
Confused.com used to be known as Inspop.com and were purchased by Admiral Group.

Admiral group also incorporates Lady Diamond, Bell Direct, Gladiator and Elephant within their group of trading entities.

RBS Group own Direct Line, Privilege & Churchill. In addition to UK Insurance (who provide the Tesco & Barclays Insurance plans).

EGG are owned by Prudential Insurance.

It may just be a case of conflicting group politics (ie. RBS/PRU don't want their rates & terms to be provided to or via a competitor, or it may be that Admiral do not wish their competitors brands to appear against them upon their confused.com website).
learn something new everyday

cheers for that.
Old 24 May 2007, 08:34 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

I've had quotes from Confused before - still with Admiral after 3 years due to a quote i got off them.However,i've had quotes that,once the link is clicked on,seem to either just shoot up or the excess' are ridiculous - Swiftcover spring to mind.

I've got my 1st Subaru quote due in a couple of months and am ****ting myself to be honest.

Roughly speaking i'm expecting my quote to be near double what it was for my RX-8 !!
Old 25 May 2007, 06:17 PM
Jen_M
Scooby Regular

Try A-Plan.

I have just renewed with them
Old 25 May 2007, 06:22 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jen_M
Try A-Plan.

I have just renewed with them

Yeah,gonna give Greenlight,A-Plan and Moley a shout when the dreaded time comers !!
Old 25 May 2007, 06:45 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Compare Confused.com with Moneysupermarket.com, Moneysupermarket are independent although they tend to come up with slightly higher rates in the initial results because they ask fewer questions than Confused to make the form filling less of a hassle. Once you apply through Moneysupermarket the price tends to drop.
Old 25 May 2007, 06:47 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by renny
Yeah,gonna give Greenlight,A-Plan and Moley a shout when the dreaded time comers !!
i'll be getting in touch with admiral tomorrow to see if their website price matches over the phone, will post up results

also see if a-plan will match it when i get the definite price.
Old 26 May 2007, 12:46 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

a-plan matched the price slightly higher excess (£40) but rest of the cover is virtually the same.

isn't it a shocker when they can trim a bit off the price when it keeps your custom?