ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Help with Dynamat + crossovers

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2007, 04:53 PM
whitepilgrim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Dynamat + crossovers

Ok my package of new speakers and Dynamat has arrived, just one question, I was advised by my the supplier to cover the following in dynamat im my05 wrx front doors.
1 The inside of the outer door skin
2 The door lining behind the weather proof cover
3 On the back of the door card.

My main question is will the door card fit back on to the door with two layers of dynamat between it, do i really need all this dynamat

Has anyone else had experience of trying to fit the door card back on with two layers of dynomat between it

Also where is the best place to locate the crossovers
Old 02 February 2007, 05:58 PM
P1 FEK
Scooby Regular

Leave the door card for now and just do the the door it's self then if you still have an rattles or vibration from the doorcard you can apply some dynamat. Also heard that bubblewrap works well behind doorcard but not tried it myself.
Prob best to get the crossovers as close to the speakers as possible as it then saves runnning so many speaker runs but don't put them on or in the doors as moisture and the repeated closing of the door can loosen thecomponents inside and kill the crossover. Why not try in the footwell, under the front seats or behind the kickwell trim or dash?
Old 02 February 2007, 07:20 PM
scoobyman95
BANNED

put the crossovers in side like the other guy said and use the existing wire that goes into the door tap into it then it saves you running more wire into the door.You only need the dynamat on the door it self that will be enough if you look on here under heading the loudest stereo you will see my wagon that I built myself and there is six rolls of dynamat in that and at least 2 miles of wire..all the best
Old 02 February 2007, 07:22 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Heres where i put my crossovers and dynamat style stuff, i also put some directly behind the speaker on the door skin but didn't bother with the door card

Old 02 February 2007, 08:12 PM
whitepilgrim
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your tips it looks like Im going to have some fun lol
Old 03 February 2007, 01:20 AM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I done mine, MY05 WRX I put dynomat all over the door panel and door card and had no fitment issues. If you are fitting larger speakers and using spacers you may want to take a stanley knife and cut of the lip around the speaker grill on the inside of the door card as this can foul some speakers.

If you dynomat the inside of the outer door skin if you ever need to have a dent removed from your door by one of the dent repair companies they may have problems removing dent from the door because of the dynomat. I would suggest just doing the inner part of the door.
Old 05 February 2007, 05:39 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arch
When I done mine, MY05 WRX I put dynomat all over the door panel and door card and had no fitment issues. If you are fitting larger speakers and using spacers you may want to take a stanley knife and cut of the lip around the speaker grill on the inside of the door card as this can foul some speakers.

If you dynomat the inside of the outer door skin if you ever need to have a dent removed from your door by one of the dent repair companies they may have problems removing dent from the door because of the dynomat. I would suggest just doing the inner part of the door.
Sticking a patch on the outer skin directly behind the mid-bass unit is the least you should aim to do.

J.