ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

dvd player help

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 06:37 PM
weslad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dvd player help

hi i need a little advice on a cd/dvd/tv tuner im fitting on my scooby impreza i have bought the proper connecters to attach the unit via the subaru standard connertors but there are still a few "wires" that im unsure what to do with , they are

prk sw (blue)
illumi (orange)
p cont (brown)
ant cont (orange)
reverse (blue)

by pluging the main connectors in that carry the main power ect ans speakers i can get the unit to power up and move the screen in and out , eject the cd/dvd,s but i cannot get the screen to come on on audio or dvd or anything .............could the unit be knackered (its new btw)......any help would be great...........
Old 17 January 2007, 12:31 AM
Puppetmaster
Scooby Regular

The parking sw cable needs to be joined to the handbrake cable (should be a vampire clip attached )
Reverse is used for when you have a rear facing camera.
Can't say I know what p cont, illumi or ant cont is off hand....

am sure someone will be along soon enough,. sorry my brain is a bit addled from a crappy day at work

What make/model do you have??
Old 17 January 2007, 06:43 AM
weslad
Scooby Regular

make/model not sure i got the unit for nothing off my brother in law , it was 300 quid or something , looks nice though lol , i have tryd putting the parking cable onto the earth wire off the h/brake and also to the earth in the main connection and nothing still , there seems to be power to the rest of the unit apart from the screen (its completly black) i can adjust the screen tilt via rmote but it wont work using the buttons on the screen itself ! i think it just must be knackered (probably been dropped somewhere or something)....thanks anyway
Old 17 January 2007, 06:50 AM
weslad
Scooby Regular

make/model not sure i got the unit for nothing off my brother in law , it was 300 quid or something , looks nice though lol , i have tryd putting the parking cable onto the earth wire off the h/brake and also to the earth in the main connection and nothing still , there seems to be power to the rest of the unit apart from the screen (its completly black) i can adjust the screen tilt via rmote but it wont work using the buttons on the screen itself ! i think it just must be knackered (probably been dropped somewhere or something)....thanks anyway
Old 17 January 2007, 08:38 AM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

mite be a long shot but try turning your head lights on, when i had a unit fitted to a 306 it had illumination wires they stoped it working unless the lights had been turned on, so just cut that wire

jake
Old 17 January 2007, 08:52 AM
weslad
Scooby Regular

the illumi wire is not connected mate , i connected the main 2 plugs that carry the power / groung / acc / speakers ect ......and the unit would come on , if i then connected the illumi wire i think more of the unit would light up so i took this as being a wire that just lights cetain parts of the unit up , i,ll have another play with it later !
Old 17 January 2007, 09:07 PM
VICTORVONDOOM
Scooby Regular

prk sw (blue)
For your handbrake (so screen only works when you are parked)

illumi (orange)
For your night time illumination (for the buttons)

p cont (brown)
Power control? is it fairly thick and fused? if so then this is your permanent live feed, usually to keep your settings and presets.

ant cont (orange)
Antenna control - for your electric ariel/amp remote.

reverse (blue)
To connect to a rear camera (when reversing)
Old 17 January 2007, 09:39 PM
weslad
Scooby Regular

chers for that , i put the park onto the h/brake connection and even onto the normal stereo earth , the illumi i got working off the acc or main power (just to see what it did) the ant cont i powered up and try,d it not attached and the p cont i have try,d with power to it and still i have the same problem as in the unit itself seems to power up / light up but apart from being able to pull the screen out and adjust it via tilt on the remote its completly black , i have left it with a top fitter i know just for him to check , he,ll let me know tomorrow if its working or not ! ...............