ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Infinity 5012i

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2007, 10:39 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Infinity 5012i

Finished fitting some Infinity 6510cs to the front of my 05 WRX using IA Performance speaker adapters and loads of Dynomat. FAQ section made it a doodle. The tweeter can be mounted to the factory bracket by drilling the hole in the bracket slightly larger, use one of the mounting cups supplied with the speakers and bolt directly onto the bracket job done no velcro required. Just make sure the bolt used is countersunk and sits flush in the countersink in the cup or it will stop the tweeter mounting in the cup as the tweeter needs to be fully home and then rotated slightly to lock in the cup, if it fouls on the bolt it will not lock in place in the cup.
The difference in performance even with the factory HU is like night and day.

I fitted Infinity 5012i in the rear. I would advise against fitting these as the tweeter cover fouls on the door card as it protrudes beyond flush with the speeker mount. I got away with it by spacing the door card out using the extension pins supplied with the IA Performance adapters which I did not need for the front. It would be better to go for a speaker which does not have a protruding tweeter. I changed one rear at a time and had a listen and although there is quite a difference in quality of the sound output once you crank up the fronts the difference in the rear is minimal so its a matter of choice whether to change them or not. Maybe better fitting as good a front set as you can afford.
Old 10 January 2007, 06:09 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Just searched back through previous posts and a lot of others seem to have fitted the Infinity 5012i to the rear. Did any one else have the same problem with the tweter cover hitting the door card.
Old 15 January 2007, 12:11 AM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

You have to use the extension pins, but to me this is not a problem. The reason the tweeters protrude is because they pivot, giving direction for the sound and as the positioning of the rear speakers is very much compromised every little helps. I would rather use extension pins than drill holes.
Old 16 January 2007, 11:32 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

just fitted infinitys in my car no probs at all door card just pushed back on
Old 17 January 2007, 07:39 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rob84
just fitted infinitys in my car no probs at all door card just pushed back on
Was it 5012i to the rear as the tweeter housing definately hits the speaker grill on the door card unless you fitted them without spacers. They wil fit on the front no problem.
Old 17 January 2007, 08:20 PM
SLIAN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With my 5012's the door cards just about clip on but you can see the grill bulging out slightly because of the tweeter.