Kenwood KDC C467 error 99

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2006, 12:52 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Kenwood KDC C467 error 99

I have the above 6CD changer.

Listening to CD 3, go down to CD 1 to listen to a track, then want to go back up to CD 4. May have inadvertently pressed both up and down buttons simultaneously Up comes ERROR 99 on the display

I have turned off the car, removed the front panel etc, but the error persists. I cannot eject the magazine, it makes a small noise then switches off.

I believe that ERROR 99 means a fault with the magazine. The manual mentions a reset button, but doesn't show where this is located. I also don't have the transport screws.

Do I need to remove the unit from the car to attack it? Will the reset button do the job, if so where is it? Will pulling the fuse help? Is it likely to be terminal?

Any advice gratefully received.
Old 09 August 2006, 06:47 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

Hope this can help -

The "reset" button they are on about is the one on the headunit, this is so that when the headunit powers up it is looking for the signal from the changer.

Another thing to consider, silly as it seems, is are the disc's in the magazine the right way up and is the magazine the right way round?????????

If all the above fails then under one of the mounting brackets (right on mine) is an angle adjuster that sets up the laser for either flat, 45 or 90 degree mounting. It may be the case that, before, it was used in a different position to the one you are using it in.

(transport screws are only used to prevent damage to the unit and need to be removed before operation of the unit!!!!!)
Old 09 August 2006, 11:31 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Default To clarify:

The changer has been in the car for 4 years working perfectly.

I don't see a reset button on the head unit (standard MY02 double DIN), and no mention in the manual.

I get the feeling that it might have tried to suck in two discs at the same time or something similar. But I can't eject the magazine to check.

Will have to remove from car and get it in a vice
Old 10 August 2006, 09:17 AM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

lol sorry, i thiught you meant a separate changer!!!!!!!!!!!

The reset button should be a tiny hole on the front of the unit possibly on the right side.

Otherwise disconnect the power from the stereo and then re connect

If all else fails then VICE the £$%^&*^%$£!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 August 2006, 12:05 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Sorted

It is a separate changer

1. Disconnected lead.
2. Removed outer case.
3. Reconnected lead.
4. All working fine.
5. Put case back on.

... but I don't think that step 2 was necessary

All OK now
Old 16 December 2010, 09:23 PM
JaneB3
Scooby Newbie

Default Kenwood KDC-C467 6 CD Changer

CD Changer is installed in the boot of my 2002 S-type Jaguar. When I hit CD on the dash I get message on screen NO CD FOUND. 8 months ago same thing happened, and I sent the changer back to where it was installed for repair. It was successfully repaired, but problem has started again.

I have unplugged and replugged the power.

I cannot find a reset button.

Power works to remove CDs from the changer.

Dealer needs only changer to repair, so I assume the problem is in the changer --- but where?

Thanks in advance for help.
Old 17 December 2010, 10:37 AM
Mikey Ace
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JaneB3
CD Changer is installed in the boot of my 2002 S-type Jaguar. When I hit CD on the dash I get message on screen NO CD FOUND. 8 months ago same thing happened, and I sent the changer back to where it was installed for repair. It was successfully repaired, but problem has started again.

I have unplugged and replugged the power.

I cannot find a reset button.

Power works to remove CDs from the changer.

Dealer needs only changer to repair, so I assume the problem is in the changer --- but where?

Thanks in advance for help.

Hi, is this an Alpine changer?? if so, they are prone to the mechanism jamming. getting the covers off and manually moving the gears for the mechanism got mine working.
Old 17 December 2010, 04:13 PM
JaneB3
Scooby Newbie

Smile KCD-C467 Kenwood 6 CD Changer

Thanks for your reply. Changer is Kenwood not Alpine, although yesterday I learned for first time Jag radio is Alpine, and an adapter was used to convert to Kenwood changer. Why? I haven't the faintest idea. Perhaps because I am female, and salesmen in the auto industry assume I'm stupid. LOL I love to prove them wrong.

I live out in Palm Desert (120 miles from Los Angeles), and there is no one in my area who knows how to fix CD changers. I'm trying to avoid having to waste a day driving and hanging around the place that installed the changer.

So, my next question is about "removing covers." What covers? I can see how to un-mount the unit, ad I see there are some screws to remove to open up the changer. What mechanisms should I be looking to move around? Do you have a manual for the changer with schematic drawing of mechanism? If so could you email to me with easy instructions?

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

Jane