Notices

Oil pressure and temp gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2012, 01:51 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure and temp gauges

Im looking to fit a oil temp and pressure gauges to my legacy, Im looking for 52mm ones at biggest and ones that are pretty shallow in depth. Where is the best place to fit the senders for these? Is there a fitting kit i can get to fit both senders from the one point on the engine, i think there is a blanking plate for a threaded hole i can tap into below the cylinder. Is there any 2 in 1 gauges i can get that are reliable and would display both info, or some kind of small digital display system that would be an alternative to the analog gauges, i want them to be stealth as possible, i'm not into having gauges hanging off the dash in big pods etc. I have a small cubby storage spot in the center airvent where my phormula KS3 is so i can fit 2 52mm gauges in there at most.
Old 03 November 2012, 08:21 AM
darkar26
Scooby Regular

buy a oil filter sandwich from ebay,this will take care of the oil pressure gauge for you.most come with 3 adaptor holes and plugs so you can fit both that you are asking about.
Old 03 November 2012, 01:20 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Legacyb4-Dan
Im looking to fit a oil temp and pressure gauges to my legacy, Im looking for 52mm ones at biggest and ones that are pretty shallow in depth. Where is the best place to fit the senders for these? Is there a fitting kit i can get to fit both senders from the one point on the engine, i think there is a blanking plate for a threaded hole i can tap into below the cylinder. Is there any 2 in 1 gauges i can get that are reliable and would display both info, or some kind of small digital display system that would be an alternative to the analog gauges, i want them to be stealth as possible, i'm not into having gauges hanging off the dash in big pods etc. I have a small cubby storage spot in the center airvent where my phormula KS3 is so i can fit 2 52mm gauges in there at most.
Search "elise" and look for petethemeat's thread on his depo guage. This is the one I went for. It's a 4 in one guage but its 60mm. His thread also gives you the details of the fittings you need. Hope this helps.
Old 05 November 2012, 02:36 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

i might go with the sandwich plate option so. Are those Depo gauges, a knock off brand of Defi, as they look fairly similar. i dont really need the boost and volts of the 4in1 Depo gauge as i already have that info on another airvent digital display. I was looking at the Innovate MDX combo gauge which displays both oil temp and pressure
Old 06 November 2012, 06:30 PM
Vladds
Scooby Newbie

The Depo need to be adjusted. I have 52mm fuel pressure, oil temperature and boost, clear lens.
All needed to be adjusted, I used mechanicals for boost and fuel and I used an electrical kitchen thermometer, at oil change for oil temperature.
They have an adjustable resistor that can be reached through the back cover.
I drilled and tapped an non-thermistor drainplug, to fit the Depo sender.

As far as the fuel pressure, that's a long story...
Old 06 November 2012, 11:06 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

I think i have decided on the Innovate MTX combo gauge, they are well priced and reliable and accurate from what i have read.
Old 07 November 2012, 09:48 PM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

Don't use the sandwich plate. It will not be as accurate as using the fitting kit for gauges specifically for the Subaru.

Just use at least 10mm conduit or if you can heat resistant sleeve to protect the wires.

https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-1...g-devices.html

J

Trending Topics

Old 08 November 2012, 06:07 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

What fitting kit are you referring to? any link to it?
Old 08 November 2012, 07:11 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Does no-one use search any more?
Here you go fella: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oil-Pressu...item3f1d49aac2
Old 08 November 2012, 08:55 PM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

That's the one I used. You need an 8mm hex key (in socket form) for the oil temp. I think the oil pressure sensor is a 24 or 22mm deep socket. You need PTFE tape for the NEW oil pressure sensor and also the adaptor going onto the block but do not tape the OEM sensor onto the adaptor. That's how it gets its earth and will not leak.

J
Old 09 November 2012, 02:50 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

Thanks lads, so just to clarify the oil temp just screws into the thread hole under the blanking plate on cylinder 3 and the oil pressure uses the fitting kit linked to above, or both plug into the fitting kit hanging of the hole beside cylinder 3?