Fitting 2.5" H&S straight through centre section on Hawkeye STI ppp

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2011, 08:37 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting 2.5" H&S straight through centre section on Hawkeye STI ppp

Hi
Im having the Hayward and Scott 2.5" straight through centre section fitted to my standard Hawkeye STI ppp this Sat (FIRST MOD!). Everything is standard on my car other than the Prodrive Performance Pack, ie. backbox and Prodrive sports silencer which replaces the 2nd cat. So the straight through centre section will fit between this and my backbox. I'm after a bit more burble. But was wondering whether this more free flowing centre section (which removes the resonator on the stock centre section) will also free up any more power? Will it make it rev more easily but not really do much to the low down power? Anyone out there had it done - how did your car feel and sound afterwards?
Thanks for any info.
ps. Does anyone know what the flow rate is of the Prodrive high flow fuel pump - is it the same as the Walbro at 255 lph?

Last edited by matth76; 20 April 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 20 April 2011, 09:38 PM
Unikat
Scooby Regular

Hi,
I didn't really feel any improvement in power when installed that deresonated section... It is just for noise I believe, especially in the cabin. As I get damn loud Afterburner, I fitted back original resonated pipe and again, can't feel any reduce on power/response.

Prodrive pump has not just the same flow rate as Walbro, but it actually IS Walbro lph255. With a Prodrive badge and a bit price add-on.
Old 20 April 2011, 10:10 PM
Hobstar82
Scooby Regular

It'll be louder but not more "burbly" and will maybe give you a couple of donkeys but that's about it!!want the burble then different back box and headers will help this. Performance wise remove sports silencer and decat but latter will void cars MoT.

I'm running, albeit on a classic, custom built 3" turbo back full decat, resonater and back box. Tried with out res but far too loud and on long runs did my sweed in so re fitted! Before remap the rolling road figure came out at 250BHP. Sound wise it didnt have a harsh popping burble just a lurvely grumble and sounds sweet at high revs!
Old 20 April 2011, 10:32 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

On my my05 jdm I have deres centre with genome backbox and don't find it to loud and also on my previous wrx I had deres centre with prodrive backbox and that was fine, I suppose it depends on what you expect but I don't even have passengers complain, ok on wot the jdm screams but that was the same before I changed the exhaust. Might be louder on a spec c with no tunnel insulation though
Old 20 April 2011, 11:08 PM
DavieQ
Scooby Newbie

I fitted an angled vortex afterburner back box and centre pipe to my bugeye which has PPP.All cats still in place.The soundproofing on the bugeye's is superb so not too loud inside however it sounds unbelievable outside the car. Done a 400 mile round trip in 2 days and no need for the head ache tablets 8). The removal of the resonator causes lovely popping sound when stepping off the throttle.
Car pulls harder too in all gears, from 3.5k to 6k.
Old 20 April 2011, 11:08 PM
Wilky0302
Scooby Regular

I am selling a undercar decat that removes the second cat if you still have it (the one between the downpipe and centre section) for a hawkeye on ebay if you are interested. It came from my car and it is I believe a H&S 2.5 inch pipe

Item number 180654741139

should release a few more ponies and a bit more sound

Thanks
Old 22 April 2011, 12:21 AM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wilky0302
I am selling a undercar decat that removes the second cat if you still have it (the one between the downpipe and centre section) for a hawkeye on ebay if you are interested. It came from my car and it is I believe a H&S 2.5 inch pipe

Item number 180654741139

should release a few more ponies and a bit more sound

Thanks
Thanks for the offer Wilky. However I've been told Prodrive (as part of the PPP) have removed the second cat (between the downpipe and centre section) and just replaced with a decat section, with small silencer. So I only have the one rear cat. But thanks for the offer.
Old 22 April 2011, 07:38 AM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

A bit more noise but no power increase on mine, the only way to get more power on your exhaust is to go ror bigger pipe work from the cat backwards and then you will need a map to make the most of it