Notices

finding the o2 sensor on my subaru

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2010, 11:34 PM
smokingbud1977
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finding the o2 sensor on my subaru

the 02 is in the headers underneath the drivers side, anyone got a diagram were this is i cant find it.
Old 06 December 2010, 11:34 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off what age scoob you got mate?
Old 07 December 2010, 01:13 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Right, i've been reading your post history.

Firstly it would of made it easier if you had stuck with your original thread instead of starting new ones, as this keeps all the info in one place. For instance Prodriverules would know what car you have and that you say it is standard. (it's a MY99 UK2000 Ryan)

First thing you need to do is a full ECU reset as per the link you where given by Musso iirc. As when you wasted your time doing the stupid 'unplug the MAF and see if it still runs test' you will have caused the ECU to 'store' the MAF fault and it may not be faulty.(just unplugged by you)

A faulty/missing Lambda will cause you problems too. As when the car is running off boost the ECU is in 'open loop' and requires a Lambda to monitor/correct fuelling. When running on boost the ECU switches to 'closed loop' and does not rely on the Lambda for fuelling. Hence it goes well under load but runs rough otherwise.

Your Lambda will/should be in one of two locations, in the down pipe or in the drivers side header. Who ever told you it is not needed due to it being decatted, was, talking bollox mate.
Old 07 December 2010, 11:37 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

MY99 will have it at the top of the downpipe, it was in the driver side header on pre MY97 cars.

Banny
Old 07 December 2010, 11:25 PM
smokingbud1977
Scooby Regular

Cheers for you help b13bat. Ive found the lambda sensor but is there just 1 of them or is there 2 i have to change.? Also my car is a 1999 subaru impreza 2000 uk totally standard apart from the de-cat exhaust.
Old 08 December 2010, 12:30 AM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b13bat
Right, i've been reading your post history.

Firstly it would of made it easier if you had stuck with your original thread instead of starting new ones, as this keeps all the info in one place. For instance Prodriverules would know what car you have and that you say it is standard. (it's a MY99 UK2000 Ryan)

First thing you need to do is a full ECU reset as per the link you where given by Musso iirc. As when you wasted your time doing the stupid 'unplug the MAF and see if it still runs test' you will have caused the ECU to 'store' the MAF fault and it may not be faulty.(just unplugged by you)

A faulty/missing Lambda will cause you problems too. As when the car is running off boost the ECU is in 'open loop' and requires a Lambda to monitor/correct fuelling. When running on boost the ECU switches to 'closed loop' and does not rely on the Lambda for fuelling. Hence it goes well under load but runs rough otherwise.

Your Lambda will/should be in one of two locations, in the down pipe or in the drivers side header. Who ever told you it is not needed due to it being decatted, was, talking bollox mate.
+1 to that Steve
Old 08 December 2010, 09:17 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smokingbud1977
Cheers for you help b13bat. Ive found the lambda sensor but is there just 1 of them or is there 2 i have to change.? Also my car is a 1999 subaru impreza 2000 uk totally standard apart from the de-cat exhaust.
No worries. No you only have the one. There would of been 2 sensors before the decat, but as i said earlier one was a (EGT) Exhaust Gas Temp sensor, also known as a (COF) Cat On Fire. But as you have no Cats to melt then it would of been removed.

IIRC the lambda it has 3 wires, yes??

If so, you need the LS02 from
http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/muniversal.htm

Don't be tempted by the cheap universal one on ebay, they last about an hour.

Originally Posted by prodriverules
+1 to that Steve
Any thing for an easy life. I'm just pleased he only had 28.