Anyone used ??

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2010, 07:03 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used ??

Hey SN peeps

I`m seriously thinking about a remap and have heard good things about so many places but wanted to know if anyone had used either Richard Henry`s Bradford or ExhaustDiscounts Leeds.
Ive had a look on the http://www.exhaustdiscounts.co.uk/ web page and they are stating they have a Maha LPS3000 Dyno and proper enclosure to carry out the remap.
Would either be better there than say JGM, Race Dynamix ?

52 Plate wrx Bugeye wagon

Cheers

Rich
Old 03 November 2010, 07:10 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

No, not heard of them. Id say stick to what you know, the names above.
Old 03 November 2010, 07:16 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

jolly green monster / dynamix / fiestaboy are a few of the mappers on here and im sure someone will be along to advise you always best to give with people who know what they are doing
Old 03 November 2010, 07:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The above, plus Bob Rawle, they are who I would go with.
Old 03 November 2010, 07:43 PM
Dougmy06wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duncan from dynamix just done mine on Sunday and it has totally transformed how the car drives I would recommend him and also the other names above have also got very good reviews on this website.

Good luck
Old 03 November 2010, 09:19 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

So no one has used either exhaust discounts or Richard Henry`s ? I thought they were quite highly regarded in west yorkshire area ?

Anyone ?

Just I live in Morley and one of these would be better as Id be able to have decat, fuel pump and 3 port boost solenoid fitted at the same time as map.
Old 03 November 2010, 09:37 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

I've never heard of either of them. But a quick use of the 'SEARCH' facility, which you might like to make use of one day, brings up 4 PAGES of results for "Richard Henry". That should keep you quiet for a while.

this one.

JGM and Dynamix both definitly travel to you, so the 3 port and fuel punp excuse is not an issue. Some of the other mappers on here may come to you to.

The lads on here map a lot of Scoobs, and from what i have seen, really know their stuff.

But my friend, the choice is yours.

Last edited by Glowplug; 03 November 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03 November 2010, 09:42 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
I've never heard of either of them. But a quick use of the 'SEARCH' facility, which you might like to make use of one day, brings up 4 PAGES of results for "Richard Henry". That should keep you quiet for a while.

this one.

JGM and Dynamix both definitly travel to you, so the 3 port and fuel punp excuse is not an issue. Some of the other mappers on here may come to you to.

The lads on here map a lot of Scoobs, and from what i have seen, really know their stuff.

But my friend, the choice is yours.
Cheers Fella

I had done a search before but wanted a real time review/report thats all, Thanks for the info fella

Cheers
Old 03 November 2010, 09:50 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi matey really i recommend you Duncan or JGM(if you want EcuTek),these guys are mobile which is good point for you,but i recommend save some money and get VF34 or 35,STi pink injectors,3port boost solenoid,fuel pump,STi up pipe and you will see 330-350BHP,because from standard WRX(TD04) you are probably see just 270-280BHP.But decision is yours....
Old 03 November 2010, 09:54 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi matey really i recommend you Duncan or JGM(if you want EcuTek),these guys are mobile which is good point for you,but i recommend save some money and get VF34 or 35,STi pink injectors,3port boost solenoid,fuel pump,STi up pipe and you will see 330-350BHP,because from standard WRX(TD04) you are probably see just 270-280BHP.But decision is yours....
How much u talkin £ to do what you suggested ? I`m working on a budget and was going to go open source map tbh.

Last edited by scoobywrxwagon; 03 November 2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03 November 2010, 10:03 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
How much u talk to do what you suggested ? I`m working on a budget and was going to go open source map tbh.
Just for VF35-250£,STi pink injectors-120£,3-port boost solenoid 60£,Walbro fuel pump-66£,STi up pipe 40£.
For remap around 350£(open source remap),or 550£-600£(EcuTek).
Old 03 November 2010, 10:05 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Richard[fiestboy] is outstanding on the mapping mate and a top bloke to boot,wouldn't hesitate to use him
Old 03 November 2010, 10:07 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Just for VF35-250£,STi pink injectors-120£,3-port boost solenoid 60£,Walbro fuel pump-66£,STi up pipe 40£.
For remap around 350£(open source remap),or 550£-600£(EcuTek).

Would the gear box/clutch hold up to 330bhp ? And what do ya recon fit fit all that gear before remap ?

Cheers
Old 03 November 2010, 10:16 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Would the gear box/clutch hold up to 330bhp ? And what do ya recon fit fit all that gear before remap ?

Cheers
My recommendation contact Duncan,Richard(Fiestaboy),about the gearbox and clutch(i'm running 4EAT semi auto,which hold 450BHP without the problem)
But for remap,fit this gear before remap(because without this you must pay extra 150£ for any tweak map aka new turbo etc.)and you are save small fortune
Old 03 November 2010, 10:25 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jura - Not everyone wants to go down that route to get extra power - tbh a well tuned wrx with the std turbo is a great car to live with as a road car and with simple mods gets a great power increase for minimal outlay.

Upping the budget by adding a bigger turbo, injectors, sti tmic is a big step and if tight on budget may not be the right way to go. It can always be done at a later stage if you get bored with the increase from std to tuned on the std turbo for a lot less than the first initial full remap. (gearbox and engine should be fine with either power level if treated well)

I am quite often up your way so not a problem to co-ordinate with when you are having the parts fitted.

Last edited by dynamix; 03 November 2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04 November 2010, 01:52 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

If you want to come to Darlington we can accomodate you on a session with Bob Rawle at the beginning of December.
Old 04 November 2010, 04:31 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dynamix
Jura - Not everyone wants to go down that route to get extra power - tbh a well tuned wrx with the std turbo is a great car to live with as a road car and with simple mods gets a great power increase for minimal outlay.

Upping the budget by adding a bigger turbo, injectors, sti tmic is a big step and if tight on budget may not be the right way to go. It can always be done at a later stage if you get bored with the increase from std to tuned on the std turbo for a lot less than the first initial full remap. (gearbox and engine should be fine with either power level if treated well)

I am quite often up your way so not a problem to co-ordinate with when you are having the parts fitted.

Well it looks like you`ll be hearing from me when I can sweet talk the misses into letting spend MY money lol

So without going down the route of bigger turbo injectors etc etc, What would you advise I do before I get intouch for remap ?

I was thinking decat downpipe and 3 port boost solenoid poss walbro fuel pump but wasnt sure if Id need one until I put bigger turbo on at later date. What torque/bhp would I expect afterwards ?
Old 05 November 2010, 08:16 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Well it looks like you`ll be hearing from me when I can sweet talk the misses into letting spend MY money lol

So without going down the route of bigger turbo injectors etc etc, What would you advise I do before I get intouch for remap ?

I was thinking decat downpipe and 3 port boost solenoid poss walbro fuel pump but wasnt sure if Id need one until I put bigger turbo on at later date. What torque/bhp would I expect afterwards ?
The decat downpipe and 3 port would be a great idea because bug wrx's struggle to make good boost without them ... as would the fuel pump if only for the fact that your std fuel pump is fairly old now and for the sake of £70 or so it adds so much more safety margin.

The increase in fuel economy line may work with the mrs
Old 05 November 2010, 06:25 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dynamix
The decat downpipe and 3 port would be a great idea because bug wrx's struggle to make good boost without them ... as would the fuel pump if only for the fact that your std fuel pump is fairly old now and for the sake of £70 or so it adds so much more safety margin.

The increase in fuel economy line may work with the mrs

What type of power figures are we talking ?

cheers
Old 05 November 2010, 06:28 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Normally around 280bhp but have seen them make higher on good cars.