Notices

where can i get a good remap chip for ecu 7d?

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2010, 09:26 PM
jimnco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get a good remap chip for ecu 7d?

hay all

I have a 1996 turbo wagon with the 7d ecu i have had a look inside and it has a plug for a chip but no chip where can i get a good quility one?
and is it worth it?
i have a 3" decat & ramair induction kit I think fuel pump is std would i need a better one?
and what bhp increase would i be looking at?
finally how much would i be looking at for a chip?
Old 30 August 2010, 09:52 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

im guessing your car has a td04 turbo so you are looking at a max of 270 bhp with that turbo on an you are looking at around £500 ish for a esl chip with remap i can see your in leyland so look up andrew c on here he lives in preston, ive had a few remaps done by him an would recomend him to anyone.

before you do get it chipped an if your car does have a td04 on it i would get a td05 fitted,
with this turbo and the right mods you could get upto 340bhp
Old 30 August 2010, 10:26 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7d ecu will be a td05. you can get a scoobyecu chip off "major sarcasm" on here. i have one fitted in a 7d ecu in my car. cost £100
Old 30 August 2010, 10:44 PM
jimnco
Scooby Regular

cheers to you both it has a tdo5 turbo on i am sure as its a uk car.. what do i need to do will it run well just by popping in the chip or should i need to change a few more things
Old 31 August 2010, 10:15 AM
brashy
Scooby Regular

personally mate i wouldnt buy a chip that has already got a map on it coz every car is different i have always had my cars remapped to suit the mods i have put on
Old 31 August 2010, 12:54 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

pre 96 cars run perfectly well with generic scoobyecu maps. theyve been run by hundreds of people for thousands of miles. no other mods required. the chip has room for the decat.

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-fo...to-1996-a.html

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~sarc...obyecu/faq.htm
Old 31 August 2010, 02:14 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

I run a chip, have done for a couple of years now with zero problems. It's a Scott.T Polarperformance chip which are now unavailable.

From what i have read MS's chip map is derived from the same source (scoobyecu), see this thread.

One thing i must point out is, your car MUST be running A1 tiptop as any problems you have will only be exagerated when you fit the chip, it is not a miracle cure. I would also recommend a RR session straight after fitment if only to check the AFR's.

Bang per buck, it's the best mod i've done
Old 31 August 2010, 02:19 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Just as an aside........ESL is not a chip!! It's a daughterboard that allows the mapper to manipulate the mapping on the ECU in real-time.

An ESL solution adds up to a full custom real-time remap specific to your car and your mods only!! For the money it's the only way to go!!

When you fit a one size fits all solution it comes with it's own problems unlike a full custom remap.
Old 31 August 2010, 07:16 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

thanks scoobiewrx555 thats what i was trying to say the esl is the best way to go coz it is customed to your car an if your car has any problems the mapper will find them not like 1 of those chips of ebay were you put it in then a few months down the line your car starts smoking its **** off and sounds like a diesel, plus with the esl if you add more mods you can go back to the mapper an get them mapped into you car getting the best and safest performance out of it
Old 31 August 2010, 07:21 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brashy
thanks scoobiewrx555 thats what i was trying to say the esl is the best way to go coz it is customed to your car an if your car has any problems the mapper will find them not like 1 of those chips of ebay were you put it in then a few months down the line your car starts smoking its **** off and sounds like a diesel, plus with the esl if you add more mods you can go back to the mapper an get them mapped into you car getting the best and safest performance out of it
Old 31 August 2010, 10:28 PM
jimnco
Scooby Regular

thanks people i wasnt going to get a chip off ebay but was wondering what is the best way to get more out of my car... so does anyone know where a good place near leyland or preston to get my car mapped

jim
Old 01 September 2010, 03:34 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brashy
There is a big difference between an 'unknown origin' ebay chip (which should never be entertained) and a tried and tested Polarperformance/ScoobyECU chip that derives from Subarus own group 'N' map. I've had my chip fitted for 2 years now, no smoke coming off her **** and no sounds reminiscent of my 306DT

The chip suits me (and others) as i own a MY'93 that cost me less that 2k and don't intend throwing big wads of cash at it or modding past the de-cat, KnN and chip.

As i asked scoobiewrx555 in the other thread, if you have any hard evidence that these chips are detrimental to a healthy engine then please post it as it would be of great interest to myself and to the other 100's if not 1000's of people running them
Old 01 September 2010, 03:42 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by b13bat
...no smoke coming off her ****...

Old 01 September 2010, 04:24 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

There is a big difference between an 'unknown origin' ebay chip (which should never be entertained) and a tried and tested Polarperformance/ScoobyECU chip that derives from Subarus own group 'N' map. I've had my chip fitted for 2 years now, no smoke coming off her **** and no sounds reminiscent of my 306DT

The chip suits me (and others) as i own a MY'93 that cost me less that 2k and don't intend throwing big wads of cash at it or modding past the de-cat, KnN and chip.

As i asked scoobiewrx555 in the other thread, if you have any hard evidence that these chips are detrimental to a healthy engine then please post it as it would be of great interest to myself and to the other 100's if not 1000's of people running them
Aren't you the well informed chap that also said in another thread that v2 ECU's aren't mappable, and in another thread you posted that newage MAF sensors are particularly delicate and break easy.

You really know what you're talking about. Excellent!!
Old 01 September 2010, 04:42 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiewrx555
Aren't you the well informed chap that also said in another thread that v2 ECU's aren't mappable, and in another thread you posted that newage MAF sensors are particularly delicate and break easy.

You really know what you're talking about. Excellent!!
In the first instance i am correct as you need the additional daughterboard to make them mappable, therefore remapping the daughterboard not the OE ECU.

In the 2nd instance, i think you will find the acronym 'IIRC' was used, leaving the door open for more knowledgable members to correct me.

Unlike some members, i do not pertain to know all. I am always ready to stand corrected and learn from more experienced members. As long as said members can back up their claims with good hard facts and not just meely mouthed pitter patter and hear say. Exellent!!
Old 01 September 2010, 04:52 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

There's no meely mouthed pitter patter or hearsay about my comments. Just offering my opinion based purely on experience. My experience say's no to chip solutions and i've stated the reasons why.

My reasons aren't based on stuff i've read on scabbynet or anywhere else, but vehicles i've personally come across that have had genuine problems with chip solutions that were sorted with a remap whether assisted by a daughterboard or otherwise.

It's that simple.
Old 01 September 2010, 05:40 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

There's no meely mouthed pitter patter or hearsay about my comments.
I never metioned any names, but if the cap fits.............

My experience say's no to chip solutions and i've stated the reasons why.
And my personal experience, which is actually running the chip for 2 years with NO problems says otherwise

My reasons aren't based on stuff i've read on scabbynet...........
If thats the way you feel about a very informative and helpful site then perhaps you could do better than waste your energies on it. Obviously you and your not so broard horizon/veiws will be sorely missed. However, probably not as sorely missed as the income generated for yourself, as one SNers money is as good as the next eh

It's that simple.

Last edited by Glowplug; 01 September 2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01 September 2010, 06:26 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

i think the scoobyecu is been branded along side the sh1tty ebay chips or crazy jap spec chips (e.g. prova or mines chips) which is very unfair. the scoobyecu was carefully developed in the uk many years ago and has a long proven track record. I do agree, other generic chips do not.
Old 01 September 2010, 06:55 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

I never metioned any names, but if the cap fits.............

And my personal experience, which is actually running the chip for 2 years with NO problems says otherwise

If thats the way you feel about a very informative and helpful site then perhaps you could do better than waste your energies on it. Obviously you and your not so broard horizon/veiws will be sorely missed. However, probably not as sorely missed as the income generated for yourself, as one SNers money is as good as the next eh
If you've been running this chip without issues for the last 2 years, more power to your elbow. I'm very happy for you. Some others i've personally come across aren't so happy. That's a fact.

If you promise to stop crying i'll call it Scoobynet.

The day someone comes to me plying me money to play with their P&J's ECU as a direct result of something i've said on SN, i'll gladly sign up as a trader!! In the meantime i'll keep offering help to anyone that has a problem with their scoob and without recompense, as do many others.
Old 01 September 2010, 07:20 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimnco
hay all

I have a 1996 turbo wagon with the 7d ecu i have had a look inside and it has a plug for a chip but no chip where can i get a good quility one?
and is it worth it?
i have a 3" decat & ramair induction kit I think fuel pump is std would i need a better one?
and what bhp increase would i be looking at?
finally how much would i be looking at for a chip?
If your interested my mate has a 3B ecu complete with polar performance chip fitted for sale,which has been on his car for the last 3 years with no running issues whatsoever.His car is a 1995 wrx wagon and the chip no is:
IMP - ECUS2 - V21284C, only selling due to new ecu upgrade,
Old 01 September 2010, 07:29 PM
jimnco
Scooby Regular

how much you looking for the ecu midnight ?????
Old 01 September 2010, 07:50 PM
Tazman861
Scooby Regular

I have a genuine Polar Parformance chip that is now for sale if you are interested? PM if you want it.
Old 01 September 2010, 08:41 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

I WOULD STILL GO FOR THE ESL DAUGHTERBOARD

Last edited by brashy; 01 September 2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01 September 2010, 08:43 PM
steviecrump
Scooby Regular

Daughter.....
Old 01 September 2010, 08:48 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

WHAT EVER IT IS, ITS A GOOD CHIP
Old 01 September 2010, 11:58 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Jimnco I will ask him tomorrow for a price,& i have pictures on my phone,which i can mail to you if you pm your email address