Notices

2000 impreza turbo remap

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2010, 12:41 AM
coll_52
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 impreza turbo remap

right where to begin the guy i bought mt classic of right before he blew the big end and had to get a bottom end rebuild was gettin ready to get the car mapped now when i went up to see duncan at hypertech the last thing he said to me was that car would really benifit from a remap

now the the fuel pumps been up dated de cat pipe fitted along with full magnex system and has a kn pannel filter there was a piper cross in the boot but the car is on its second maf so guessing this was why it came off i heard but i dont know if its true i can fit an sti tmic its larger and better than the classic one is this true ? also would i not have to fit different injectors as well to get the best out of a remap

its just its gonna cost so just want to get the best set up

have also heard scoobs have weak botom ends ?

and if im tuning my car and the crankshaft in the car is desighned by subaru to run at 208 bhp and i start tunnig and get the car up 250 300 bhp is this not gonna destroy the crank ?
Old 24 August 2010, 12:49 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what year is your car would be a help
Old 24 August 2010, 12:49 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You wont need to change the intercooler for the level of tune your after, a remap will give you about 270bhp on that setup (i take it your car is an MY99 or MY00 model?)
The crank is good for way over 400bhp, the things that kill them are det caused by bad modifiying, these cars are very reliable otherwise (though on higher mileage cars I would suggest you change the oil pump to an uprated item, available from roger clarke motorsport and the likes).

Tony
Old 24 August 2010, 12:54 AM
coll_52
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
You wont need to change the intercooler for the level of tune your after, a remap will give you about 270bhp on that setup (i take it your car is an MY99 or MY00 model?)
The crank is good for way over 400bhp, the things that kill them are det caused by bad modifiying, these cars are very reliable otherwise (though on higher mileage cars I would suggest you change the oil pump to an uprated item, available from roger clarke motorsport and the likes).

Tony
am not to sure but think duncan might have fitted an uprated oil pump when he done the rebuild hold on all get the recipt yes its had rcm pump am taking it thats what it is the year of the car is 2000
Old 24 August 2010, 01:03 AM
coll_52
Scooby Regular

nowhat about when they do the remap do they up the boost ? can the standerd head gaskets take it ?
Old 24 August 2010, 01:40 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Standard car will take the 270bhp with no issues, they have to up the boost to get the power, the mapper will map the car within the limits of the turbo so that the car will run fine, wont det and will have a safe air/fuel ratio.

Tony
Old 24 August 2010, 01:56 AM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

If you take your car to a reputable impreza tuner, they will never put your car above its limits. They know exactly what your engine will take. They will also make recommendations on mods you may need to support more power but will always be safe for the car. They should also mention upgrading the brakes. But yes they do increase the boost on a remap.

I had the same model as you which was tuned by A Forrest, She Had a safe 300bhp atw and 323bhp atfw with some mods. (Sti TMIC, Andy Forrest hybrid turbo, Walbro fuel pump, H&S Full decat exhaust system, A Forrest remap, Exedy organic clutch, 4 pot front brakes, 2 pot rear, K+N panel filter.)

Loved that car

As for reliability i have had 5 imprezas and never had any major problems. I Do service mine every 3-4k miles. I Think it comes down to how they are looked after. Most horror stories happen with cars which are tuned using nothing more than a MBC or lack of oil
Old 24 August 2010, 10:31 PM
coll_52
Scooby Regular

right well it need diff and gear oil changed so will take it to hypertech i belive its andy forrest that maps them for him

and thats another thing my car has had ebc discks all round and ebc red stuff pads and the brakes are **** am also getting a small bit judder under hard breaking so am guesing one of the pads are slightly warped she fitted with two pots am gonna strip them down at the weekend see what i can find