Notices

NEWBIE, WHY ARE THESE CARS SUCH AS PAIN YET WE LOVE EM ??

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2010, 05:43 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWBIE, WHY ARE THESE CARS SUCH AS PAIN YET WE LOVE EM ??

Since buying the car I`ve had to change the **** chrome bk racing wheels some old bloke put on the car to the orig wrx wheel, had them powder coated and the 2 front ones cracked(so had to buy 2 more wheels and have them coated) I`ve also had to fit new front & rear drop links recently and while doing that notice the n/s/r shocker leaking so new shox needed at some point (not cheap). Then TODAY notice a lil squeaking noise come from the rear to find the brackets on the back box(stainles steel) have best part of come off !!!!!!

God dammmmmmm I love the car but why O why cant it just be good to me for at least a month with out needing some type of attention its worst then my kid,bird and dog put together aggggggg

BUT I STILL LOVE IT !!!!!
I MUST BE A FOOL.
Old 21 July 2010, 05:46 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
Since buying the car I`ve had to change the **** chrome bk racing wheels some old bloke put on the car to the orig wrx wheel, had them powder coated and the 2 front ones cracked(so had to buy 2 more wheels and have them coated) I`ve also had to fit new front & rear drop links recently and while doing that notice the n/s/r shocker leaking so new shox needed at some point (not cheap). Then TODAY notice a lil squeaking noise come from the rear to find the brackets on the back box(stainles steel) have best part of come off !!!!!!

God dammmmmmm I love the car but why O why cant it just be good to me for at least a month with out needing some type of attention its worst then my kid,bird and dog put together aggggggg

BUT I STILL LOVE IT !!!!!
I MUST BE A FOOL.
not afool mate,myns been the same ive nearly renewed the hole car lol the rate im going and also havent been a month with out some thing breaking or wanting to up rate it
Old 21 July 2010, 05:50 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Does mi head in really does, Had a Mondeo ST before this and had it a few yrs ragging the pants off it and nothing ever went wrong with it. EVER !!
For some unknow reason though given the choice of the 2 I`d still pick Scoob every time, I must be mad........ lol
Old 21 July 2010, 05:52 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Does mi head in really does, Had a Mondeo ST before this and had it a few yrs ragging the pants off it and nothing ever went wrong with it. EVER !!
For some unknow reason though given the choice of the 2 I`d still pick Scoob every time, I must be mad........ lol
Does get like that on times but i know were your coming from theses scoobs are second to none in the feeling of owning and driving one
Old 21 July 2010, 06:01 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

u think u picked that car, but u didn't, it picked u. its love haha
Old 21 July 2010, 06:02 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Does get like that on times but i know were your coming from theses scoobs are second to none in the feeling of owning and driving one
I have t agree fella.

I havnt even had chance to do any upgrades yet either, want it mapped big time. Had it a while now some got used to the speed.

Spoke to a bloke today at a place in Morley who looked exhaust and he said not to bother mapping it as I`ll have even more trouble and alot more cost implications if things do go wrong afterwards. I`m not sure if to bother now but having seen all ppl on here that have had it done by the ppl that KNOW what there doing I should be ok. SHOULDNT I ???
Old 21 July 2010, 06:06 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

I have t agree fella.

I havnt even had chance to do any upgrades yet either, want it mapped big time. Had it a while now some got used to the speed.

Spoke to a bloke today at a place in Morley who looked exhaust and he said not to bother mapping it as I`ll have even more trouble and alot more cost implications if things do go wrong afterwards. I`m not sure if to bother now but having seen all ppl on here that have had it done by the ppl that KNOW what there doing I should be ok. SHOULDNT I ???
defo get it mapped mate as you will be very impressed with the out come and there is no more cost involved if you do or dont when it comes to future work mate.
Old 21 July 2010, 06:12 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

defo get it mapped mate as you will be very impressed with the out come and there is no more cost involved if you do or dont when it comes to future work mate.
True was just worried about the engine side of things and as he said it puts gained pressure on parts that werent made for the extra speed and breaking due to them been the orig parts...... He`s got me thinking now and I dont really like doing that lol
Old 21 July 2010, 06:14 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

True was just worried about the engine side of things and as he said it puts gained pressure on parts that werent made for the extra speed and breaking due to them been the orig parts...... He`s got me thinking now and I dont really like doing that lol
under standable but dont worry as the parts are made to handle alittle bit more than the standard spec,if you thinking of going up over 300bhp then maybe start to think about it mate.
Old 21 July 2010, 06:20 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

under standable but dont worry as the parts are made to handle alittle bit more than the standard spec,if you thinking of going up over 300bhp then maybe start to think about it mate.
Wasnt gona go silly budget doesnt allow for that or should I say misses doesnt allow for that lol

Remap my ecu not one that you have to by licence for 3 way boost valve and decat up pipe already done exhaust(cat back) and panel filter. Job done £500 I think will cover it I hope oh plus sti shox £200 ish and front and rear and pads and discs dippled and groved add another £200 to that so £900 ish I recon. What type of power gains should I expect from that any ideas ?

Last edited by scoobywrxwagon; 21 July 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 21 July 2010, 06:26 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Wasnt gona go silly budget doesnt allow for that or should I say misses doesnt allow for that lol

Remap my ecu not one that you have to by licence for 3 way boost valve and decat up pipe already done exhaust(cat back) and panel filter. Job done £500 I think will cover it I hope oh plus sti shox £200 ish and front and rear and pads and discs dippled and groved add another £200 to that so £900 ish I recon. What type of power gains should I expect from that any ideas ?
i should think remap and the exhaust mods would see 40 bhp or so on the stock power mate which is noticable
Old 21 July 2010, 10:19 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You need to see Andrew Carr, he does plenty of WYIOC members cars, have a look in their section on S'net.

I got mine back tonight and it's needing a tweek for the HUGE turbo that's on now.

Good luck with "Christine"...

LOL

dunx