Notices

Induction Kit Or Panel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2009, 11:59 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction Kit Or Panel Filter

Just having a look on some site's at the Above. Not got the money Yet, want my Wheels Spraying First!

Heard loads of people say that "Induction Kits Breathe Too much Hot Air in". Then you hear other people say "Get the right kit for your car and you can't go wrong" "Stick with an uprated Panel Filter"

I've got an 02 Bugeye. Just wanted to know (What you have on your's? Any Picture's? And what i need to look out for as in Faults you Have had/Heard? Plus Which Ones The best)?

I've just got GFB Dump Valve, Ninja Back Box, AfterBurner Centre Section and AfterBurner Cat Pipe. Still got the other Two Cats Left! Don't know If that helps in anyway or Not

Just a quick scan on Revoltion's Web Site. They seem to have a Good Choice. I'll post the Link Up Anyway. Thanks again Guys for your Help And Advice

Filters (Bug Eye)
Old 22 August 2009, 12:02 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You want one of these

Scoobyparts Ltd GREEN PERFORMANCE PANEL FILTER
Old 22 August 2009, 12:09 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

I've heard Loads of people say these are the Best! Can you tell the Difference From the Stock Panel Filter. I've Always had Induction Kits on my other Cars. Hence the Post
Old 22 August 2009, 12:14 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I/K will only reap rewards once mods take power nearer 400, and really only give proper benefits in a FMIC and MAF-less set-up. Save your money and consider a lifetime panel, and then only because you only buy it once. There's almost no power benefit so it's just about saving a bit of cash over the long term.

Oh, and consider ditching the VTA DV for an OE recirc item to make your car run smoother with no further power loss either.
Old 22 August 2009, 12:20 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1
I've heard Loads of people say these are the Best! Can you tell the Difference From the Stock Panel Filter. I've Always had Induction Kits on my other Cars. Hence the Post
I ran 2 panels back to back (STi/Green) for comparison and the only real world difference is that the Green is more audible from an induction noise point of view.
Old 22 August 2009, 12:30 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Cheer's Pal for your info! I wasn't bothered about the Power Gains with the I/K. Just more the Noise You get. Missed it really. Can see your Point on the cash side though. There not Cheap. As for my DV. I can Close mine off, so it acts like a Standard One. Shows you in the Link. Thats why i Bought it. £220 wasn't cheap. But the Option's their if i want it!

YouTube - Stealth FX volume adjustment

Not too Bothered about the Power side of things, first time i've drove it in Nearly 6wks. Use the Works van all the Time. Crazy keeping it really. Can't get shut!
Old 22 August 2009, 12:33 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
I ran 2 panels back to back (STi/Green) for comparison and the only real world difference is that the Green is more audible from an induction noise point of view.

That's what i want. Not too bothered about the Power Gains, just want the sound
Old 22 August 2009, 12:49 AM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

induction kits just sit and suck in hot air from engine, best bet is to go for an uprated panel filter and snorkle delete from your air box so its sucking in cold air from the hole in the wing and you get that turbo spool up noise from it also
Old 22 August 2009, 12:53 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Spool Up Noise sounds good. Never Heard of the Snorkle Delete Before! That easy to do Pal
Old 22 August 2009, 05:21 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It's easy to do, but tests prove that it upsets airflow and will probably reduce power. I did it to mine and it made the spool-up and (OE recirc) DV more audible. Never RR'd to see the power outcome, but Harvey (Harvey Performance) did back-to-back testing of several panel filters with and without the intake resonator (snorkel) and concluded that the car runs better with it in place, and that all the filters were within +/- 2bhp with the OE paper item amongst the best for power, and THE best for filtration. The expensive and disposable STi filter came out poorly with foam filters the worst.
Old 22 August 2009, 07:57 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Some people do say that the standard items are best on the standard set up... Yes I know that engines are built well in their safe margins !
Old 22 August 2009, 10:05 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

I have done the snorke delete on my classic and its giving a nice throaty noise now and I can hear the OE dumpvalve and spool up now but the car feels a bit laggy now as a result of what I think is not enough cool air getting directly to the airbox.

If anyone has pics of how they cured modified the original snorkel could they post it up for us newbies.

I think Im gonna try and make my version of the snorkel by using the std rad mounted air scoop and square piece snorkel end linked to some same size pipe fitting to the other round piece of the snorkel which goes straight to the airbox.
So basicly using the std sorkel but cutting out the big box at bottom still retaining the standard fixtures but less pipework/weight/sound restriction if that makes sense!

You can buy the aftermarket less restrictive snorkel for later models but nothing for a classic which seems a bit crud!
Old 22 August 2009, 02:05 PM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

you wont even notice the difference in power gain/loss with or without a snorkle delete mate if you want spool up noise go for it but it wont break anything and you wont be sucking in hot air like an induction kit would be
Old 23 August 2009, 02:30 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Next time i go on the Tunnel Runs, i'll ask about and see what they have. Get better ideas when you see them before you. Should be going on the October one. Away for the September Run. Wouldn't mind hearing them for myself n all!