Notices

why wont it start please?!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2009, 09:35 PM
ollyit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why wont it start please?!!

just installed replacement sigma ecu and fob, changed pin all successfully, makes all the right noises and usual charactistics of the LED on the dash on for 30 seconds, it cranks over but just wont fire, its only been laid up a week, plenty of battery - doesnt even try to fire

sigma manual just suggest pressing button once with ignition at on position, get a quick flash from the red led and still no go

is there something else please can could be stopping it? ive had the battery on and off no difference... so nearly there!

another possibility, the fuel pump doesnt appear to be priming - Ive checked all the fuses - any more ideas chaps please?
Old 15 April 2009, 10:04 PM
ollyit
Scooby Regular

Ive tried to read any ecu fault codes, it flashes the engine check light over 110times before I gave up - connected the 2 black wires and set ignition to on position as per instructions here

Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Reading ECU Fault Codes

Im loosing the will now
Old 15 April 2009, 10:48 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possible issues with Relay? you getting any clicks?
Old 15 April 2009, 11:24 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

On my MY00 with Sigma M30, if the alarm/immobilser is not deactivated then the car won't even crank over, let alone start.
I got the symptoms you describe after replacing the alarm fob on my car, not because of a problem with the fob or alarm but because the key I put on the fob didn't have the transponder in it.
Kevin
Old 15 April 2009, 11:52 PM
timtheninja
Scooby Newbie

It may be completely irrelevant! Mine wouldn't start when I messed around with the ecu. It turned out to be the coolant temperature sensor! Don't know if i fried it, but i never had problem before!

Good luck! Tim
Old 16 April 2009, 01:11 AM
scooby-matt
Scooby Regular

why have you put a new simga ecu and fob on for?
Old 16 April 2009, 11:24 AM
ollyit
Scooby Regular

I was pretty **** about making sure I was really carefull with all the wires, yes the sigma ecu wa a pig to get out if you have man size hands and limited tools but we got there -

I've only been working on the right hand side of the dash, disconnecting fog switches, trailer board bulb, lower port for something, and 1 clip behind the drivers side air went, there is a blue clear relay type box thing again I've made sure these are all connected - it makes all the right noises apart from the fuel pump noise that mormally happens for a second or 2 -

I also get the normal click behind the dash when ignition is set to on - again without fuel pump prime noise - I'm very reluctant to get a flatbed all the way to southhampton and give it to a dealer as I dont have the money

couple of images below
Old 16 April 2009, 11:44 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ollyit
I was pretty **** about making sure I was really carefull with all the wires, yes the sigma ecu wa a pig to get out if you have man size hands and limited tools but we got there -

I've only been working on the right hand side of the dash, disconnecting fog switches, trailer board bulb, lower port for something, and 1 clip behind the drivers side air went, there is a blue clear relay type box thing again I've made sure these are all connected - it makes all the right noises apart from the fuel pump noise that mormally happens for a second or 2 -

I also get the normal click behind the dash when ignition is set to on - again without fuel pump prime noise - I'm very reluctant to get a flatbed all the way to southhampton and give it to a dealer as I dont have the money
I don't have any experiance with thte Sigma, but from your above post i would say either,
1. The Sigma is immobilising the fuel pump. or
2. The fuel pump relay is stuck/fookd. or
3. You have disturbed the wiring to/from the fuel pump relay.
You should defo be hearing the pump prime,hence why it turns but will not fire, no fuel
Old 16 April 2009, 01:49 PM
ollyit
Scooby Regular

thanks b13bat

do you think I can hot wire my fuel pump direct from the battery and see if your car starts

straight 12v postive to the correct feed yeah?
Old 16 April 2009, 02:38 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

It may work but i have never done it myself, i think its one way the crooks use to get around certain security systems when thieving your pride and joy