Notices

Help! Confused now!.... Exhausts..

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2008, 02:39 PM
LWells
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help! Confused now!.... Exhausts..

I am getting conflicting advice! .... I have an 05 WRX and was thinking... Il get a Prodrive Sports Cat and fit it to my car... Dealer says this will not fit as the cats on Sti/Wrx are different sizes/shapes? (apparantly i would need to change the whole exhaust then it would fit)

Dealer also says i do not have a Cat in the uppipe... says i have a heat sensor that plugs in where as on the Sti its further away but thats the only difference... Im Confused! why does Everyone say its essential to decat this uppipe on a modded WRX?

And finally Dealer says that the exhaust system on an 07 is totally different to a 05 (this i can understand as diff engines) but a shame as there is a whole system for sale on here...

any help and advice appriciated!! I thought i was nearly there sourcing all my bits.. now im back to square one ;-(

Leon
Old 20 March 2008, 02:49 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Individual parts are different on the 07, DP and cat pipe thats it. As a whole it will fit, I am running the modified system off my old MY03WRX on MY06STI. FYI Prodrive didn't make a sports cat for the 2.5 (07) PPP cars. There is a cat in the up-pipe and yes it is worthwhile decatting it when modifying

View my scooby for the 53WRX
Old 20 March 2008, 02:57 PM
LWells
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Ok so i cant get the prodrive system off a 07Sti thats on here for sale.. thats ok... But If i buy Just the PPP Sports Cat from an 03-05 sti, will this slot in to my system or will i need to get the rest of the exhaust to?

I allready have fitted a Prodrive Centre Decat and Prodrive Back box....

Leon

PS where is the up pipe? and is this easy to change? Is it running accross the front of the car under the Rad/Undertray? If so this is what i looked at yesterday on the ramps..
Old 20 March 2008, 03:09 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The MY07 Prodrive 'exhaust sytem' was just a back box and a decat rear centre pipe. Buying a whole system to get these would be pointless. The rear centre pipe is longer on the MY07 as the DP is shorter, although together they would couple with a pre 2.5 centre section.

Your best bet is a Sports cat DP for your MY year and an uppipe.

Impreza Turbo 2001-2005 New Age : Subaru Impreza Ninja Downpipe with Fast Flow 100 Cell Sports Cat

Stainless exhausts manifolds headers

This is a good illustration of the exhaust breakdown for the NewAge cars.

Old 23 March 2008, 07:37 PM
LWells
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by 53WRX
The MY07 Prodrive 'exhaust sytem' was just a back box and a decat rear centre pipe. Buying a whole system to get these would be pointless. The rear centre pipe is longer on the MY07 as the DP is shorter, although together they would couple with a pre 2.5 centre section.

Your best bet is a Sports cat DP for your MY year and an uppipe.

Impreza Turbo 2001-2005 New Age : Subaru Impreza Ninja Downpipe with Fast Flow 100 Cell Sports Cat

Stainless exhausts manifolds headers

This is a good illustration of the exhaust breakdown for the NewAge cars.

ah ha! all is revealed! seems i was looking at the "Front exhaust pipe" when the car was up on ramps... Looks expensive to get someone to take it all apart and fit the up pipe! Do you know if the Prodrive Sports cat fitted to STi's will bolt straight onto my Prodrive Decat pipe? or are the Cats different sizes on WRX/Stis?

sorry about all the questions but i think im nearly there! then its working out if i can afford it all and the remap :-)

Leon