Notices

AFR gauge HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2007, 06:54 PM
ben_edwards30
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR gauge HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I fitted and boost gauge and AFR gauge today boost gauge works fine but can't get the AFR to read anything. They are both Autogauge Smoke series gauges.

Both gauges have the same earth and ignition live feed, (i have tried using seperate earth and live feeds, earth was straight to battery) For the signal i've taken it from the ecu i've also tried it off the lamba sensor. The guage lights up fine but just won't read a signal, i just get one red LED on in the lean section then when i turn the lights on it goes out!!!????
The wire i've tapped into at the ecu is white with a silver band round it, is this the right wire????

I've done lots of searches to help but can't find an answer, but i want it to work properly before my chip arrives next week.

Any help would be good.
Old 24 June 2007, 07:14 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming your power wiring is OK, it sounds like you've got the wrong signal wire feeding it. Or there's a major fault with the gauge.

You need to get a multimeter on the case and read the voltages yourself. If you've got the lambda wire, it should be showing a voltage somewhere between 0 and 1v, never out of that range. IIRC something like 0.7 v at idle which will drift one way or the other while it's warming up. On a steady throttle the voltage will bounce back and forth but there's no way you'll read that on a multimeter. If you've got the right voltages showing from your lambda signal, it means your gauge is either wrongly wired for power or faulty.
Old 24 June 2007, 08:01 PM
ben_edwards30
Scooby Regular

There's three wires coming off the gauge red/black/grey if wired it

Red-ignition live
Black-Earth
Grey-Signal

Thanks for the reply, Also the AFR gauge is no where near as bright as the boost gauge????
Old 25 June 2007, 08:05 PM
ben_edwards30
Scooby Regular

Tested it with a multimeter (car was a little warm when i tested it and it read 0.4 but never changed when i reved the car??? Have i got the wrong wire or somethin???
Please help starting to pull my hair out over this!!!
Old 26 June 2007, 01:33 AM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Main Heading Goes Here

Make sure you solder the signal wire. If it's reading a stable voltage on an avo when the emgine is hot, the lambda sensor is faulty.