Notices

got the slightest of misfire now, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2007, 04:48 PM
coleyswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the slightest of misfire now, any ideas?

Hey, sorted out the maf sensor on my 93 wrx, all good got a new one instead of second hand one, at first i changed my plugs and gapped them to 0.6mm just for measure then developed a misfire so changed my coil packs with brand new ones from jps motorsport, and cleaned my maf, then it was dog rough i think i killed it off as i expect it was failing anyway so today changed my maf with a new one, the cel went off after i reset the ecu and displayed repetitive cel light pulses which is a good indication of everything ok i hear. The car now idles beutifully and runs lovely apart from this very slight misfire so i took off the water temp sensor to see if this was it and the fans came on and the cel which was expected but still no joy so put it back on, but what i did notice was when i checked the plugs before i changed the maf the right hand side one nearest the front of the car was wet with petrol but i put that down to dead maf sensor as the smell of petrol has now gone, also it has a turbo back exhaust and i noticed the lambda isnt there a blank bolt is. Could someone shed some light on this? Thanks.
Old 18 June 2007, 05:57 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the lambda should be in the headers (below the air box) and often fails.. best to move it to the downpipe when you replace it.

I would pull the plugs and check one is not wet now.

Simon
Old 18 June 2007, 06:16 PM
coleyswrx
Scooby Regular

ok is it best to replace it then and where exactly is it again, also could this plug be the cause and would it dry out by running for a while?
Old 18 June 2007, 07:51 PM
coleyswrx
Scooby Regular

anybody??
Old 19 June 2007, 08:22 AM
coleyswrx
Scooby Regular

just going to check the plug today that was wet, could this be the cause? or should i replace it, its brand new tho so hope not, also would the lambda cause this small misfire? And whats the verdict on universal ones? Thanks.
Old 19 June 2007, 06:36 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I had a cracked (Hairline) plug that resulted in a misfire. Might be worth checking for that, But as said, try the wet plug first.
Old 19 June 2007, 07:33 PM
coleyswrx
Scooby Regular

its dry now as the others are so changing the lambda tommorow with a new one in the morning and into the downpipe after turbo with a ecu reset as well. If that doesnt help after that have it to a garage to see what they say. Its so slight but its got to be sorted.
Old 20 June 2007, 03:02 PM
coleyswrx
Scooby Regular

Get in there!! All sorted a poxy coil pack was faulty had it diagnosed at a garage this morning and he had a new one in stock also changed the lambda into the down pipe shes purring again!! Anyway though thanks very much for the advice