Classic Impreza with 2.5 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2007, 08:23 AM
pattyv
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Impreza with 2.5 conversion

Hi....

I just signed up and am looking for some help please.

I drive a classic Impreza (GC 8) and plan to get a 2.5 coversion with a full forged bottom end. I read in Japanese Performance magazine a couple months back, and there was this black GC 8 with a 2.5 lump in it. Just would like to get some suggestion on where the good place to get the job done is. In addition, it'd be certainly helpful if anyone could provide a rough figure of the expense for the 2.5 coversion with full forge bottom end (basically the same spec as the black classic in that Japanese Performance magazine). I just would like to have some rough figure in my mind before talking to any garages, so I know that I'm not being ripped off.

Thank you very much!!!!
Old 29 May 2007, 08:28 AM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

im getting this done mate,and should see 450bhp (with the right mods ) ,,scooby clinic are the best place,,take a look on there web site and it gives you some indercation of prices or

give them a call 01246590807

as talking to some one might be best ,,as you can get what you want and get a rough price

stu
Old 29 May 2007, 08:29 AM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Default ..

speak to paul at zen performance.. Zen Performance - Performance upgrade solutions for Japanese cars
Old 29 May 2007, 05:55 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or David at Welcome to the API website
!
Old 30 May 2007, 07:49 AM
Daveo
Scooby Regular

Agree - David at API's advice and service are faultless.

Originally Posted by 911
Old 30 May 2007, 05:23 PM
SSCJAY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pattyv
Hi....

I drive a classic Impreza (GC 8) and plan to get a 2.5 coversion with a full forged bottom end. I read in Japanese Performance magazine a couple months back, and there was this black GC 8 with a 2.5 lump in it. Just would like to get some suggestion on where the good place to get the job done is. In addition, it'd be certainly helpful if anyone could provide a rough figure of the expense for the 2.5 coversion with full forge bottom end (basically the same spec as the black classic in that Japanese Performance magazine). I just would like to have some rough figure in my mind before talking to any garages, so I know that I'm not being ripped off.

Thank you very much!!!!
I have just bought one straight from America,
STI 2.5 Semi closed deck block, Wiseco pistons, Carillo rods, Modified sti Crank (cross drilled), Acl Bearings. Complete with ARP head studs & cometic gaskets & with the shipping this came in at just under £2000 + VAT + Duty(2.7%). Am told block will support 650 BHP, with the correct head work.

Obviously is a long way to go if anything goes wrong with the engine but you will struggle to get anywhere near that price over here.

Soon to be going into MY00 Impreza.
Old 30 May 2007, 06:04 PM
MarkFitz
Scooby Regular

wow!, - is that a closed deck? I've been tempted by flat-four's short block (£2495) but might need to reconsider going direct from the US.

Trending Topics

Old 30 May 2007, 06:05 PM
MarkFitz
Scooby Regular

sorry, - just read your post correctly!...any chance you could post a link for your US supplier?
Cheers
Old 30 May 2007, 08:02 PM
IRC450STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pattyv
Hi....

Thank you very much!!!!
Give scoobyclinic a call and kev will give you a great deal