Notices

New 2.5 WRX What Basic Performance Mods ?

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2007, 04:02 PM
alexneville
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2.5 WRX What Basic Performance Mods ?

I've a new WRX 2.5 euro import on order (not Sti) and fancy taking the basic power level up a notch or two, without going crazy. Thought of using Andy Forrest (on recommendation) but would appreciate some advice on what to have done... maximum spend £1000 - £1500... Any advice appreciated and particularly from any 2.5 owners who have had mods done... Cheers
Old 25 March 2007, 04:36 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Agree with Steve, namely :

Ninja Exhaust from Scoobyworld, especially the Sportscat downpipe (dp alone is £300) *
Green panel filter (about £50).
Remap from Andy - £585.

I've used Andy before, and would thoroughly recommend him.

* Not sure if your model still has 3 cats - ie in the up-pipe, downpipe and centre section. If so, you can get rid of them all and still pass MOTs with the sportscat.

Lastly, you might want to think about dealer based Prodrive upgrades, which are similar, but more pricey. I take it you have a warranty to worry about ?

Andy

PS. Consider a Whiteline rear anti-roll bar and steel droplinks from Demon Tweeks - £150 or so in total. Will dial out that understeer nicely.

Cut'n'paste is the dogs !
Old 25 March 2007, 05:14 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

PPP might not be fully covered if its a euro import - certain countries dont recognise it !
Might be worht looking at powerstation web site PowerStation - their performance packages include warrenty !!

Richard
Old 25 March 2007, 07:21 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Andy is spot on with that remap and the above parts will get you 280-290 easy and the Whiteline rear anti-roll bar and steel droplinks and probably some better springs(I have the Prodrive ones) have really helped my WRX had my car done by ZEN, goes like hell and would keep up with any standard STI.

Just to add you may need an upgraded fuel pump to be on the safer side of things around £100. The upgrade is well worth it mate and will be much better than any PPP kit and the handling upgrades you will have a very fast and very driveable car …

I have....
Old 25 March 2007, 07:33 PM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alexneville
I've a new WRX 2.5 euro import on order (not Sti) and fancy taking the basic power level up a notch or two, without going crazy. Thought of using Andy Forrest (on recommendation) but would appreciate some advice on what to have done... maximum spend £1000 - £1500... Any advice appreciated and particularly from any 2.5 owners who have had mods done... Cheers
its depends where your located in the country tbh mate. There are a lot of reputable companies all offering similar power upgrades at similar prices, just depends how far your willing to travel. Or you could talk to one of these companies about even more, which most will do.
Old 25 March 2007, 09:51 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
Andy is spot on with that remap and the above parts will get you 280-290 easy and the Whiteline rear anti-roll bar and steel droplinks and probably some better springs(I have the Prodrive ones) have really helped my WRX had my car done by ZEN, goes like hell and would keep up with any standard STI.

Just to add you may need an upgraded fuel pump to be on the safer side of things around £100. The upgrade is well worth it mate and will be much better than any PPP kit and the handling upgrades you will have a very fast and very driveable car …

I have....
Damn, forgot about the Walbro !

What model and mods do you have F1 ? Are you on a TD04 ?

Andy
Old 26 March 2007, 11:13 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alexneville
I bought one from all brands new and on the way home called in at TSL and had the resonator section and the backbox changed. It instantly became a different car, sounds lovely. have running in service today so after that I can unleash the power
Would recommend this exhaust to anyone, its 4" tailpipe looks good without being over the top and the sound is great

Trending Topics

Old 26 March 2007, 11:26 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Damn, forgot about the Walbro !

What model and mods do you have F1 ? Are you on a TD04 ?

Andy

no mate I am still on the standard turbo just had the fuel pump, exhaust system and new filter and then mapped by ZEN, 280 is probably on the optimistic side of things but as ZEN told me when I was unsure about having it done, he is doing the same or very similar thing as people like PowerStation will do and claim 290Bhp , so I gave up chasing figures and went for drivability never had it on a RR so don’t have any idea of actual power out put but its far better than a ppp demo car I had a go in
Old 26 March 2007, 02:28 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

no mate I am still on the standard turbo just had the fuel pump, exhaust system and new filter and then mapped by ZEN, 280 is probably on the optimistic side of things but as ZEN told me when I was unsure about having it done, he is doing the same or very similar thing as people like PowerStation will do and claim 290Bhp , so I gave up chasing figures and went for drivability never had it on a RR so don’t have any idea of actual power out put but its far better than a ppp demo car I had a go in

Interesting. Thinking of a TD04H from Andy F, STi TMIC etc.

Not sure if second hand turbos are ok, and what to look for on them ?

Andy
Old 26 March 2007, 03:55 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

have a talk to scooby2.5maz (pm him) he has had a new turbo upgrade on his wrx from ZEN and will probably be bale to give some feedback ……

I take it your cars a WRX not a STI , what have you had done so far ….
Old 26 March 2007, 04:38 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

have a talk to scooby2.5maz (pm him) he has had a new turbo upgrade on his wrx from ZEN and will probably be bale to give some feedback ……

I take it your cars a WRX not a STI , what have you had done so far ….
........not much !

Just a centre pipe decat, but Andy F still managed to to wring 273bhp out of it when he remapped it !

Thinking about the mods we mentioned above. What turbo does 2.5maz have ?
Old 26 March 2007, 10:24 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

tdo5 16g think he made 340 bhp
Old 27 March 2007, 08:14 AM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
........not much !

Just a centre pipe decat, but Andy F still managed to to wring 273bhp out of it when he remapped it !

Thinking about the mods we mentioned above. What turbo does 2.5maz have ?

hi there maz here, if you type "dyno plot" in the search you will find a thread i started with my spec of mods and also a power graph. cheers maz
Old 27 March 2007, 10:17 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

thast one cool car you have 2.5maz
Old 27 March 2007, 10:57 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz
hi there maz here, if you type "dyno plot" in the search you will find a thread i started with my spec of mods and also a power graph. cheers maz

Old 28 March 2007, 07:40 PM
fatrhino2000
Scooby Regular

Try Power station, for £1500 the put a full milltek exhaust pannel filter and a remap witch takes the wrx from 225bhp to just under 300bhp.