Scoobyecu ?

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2006, 12:59 PM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scoobyecu ?

Guys,
Had the car a few weeks decided to investigate the ECU and found a piggyback scoobyecu !

after a bit of reasearch i have found it should run 15psi
Now the car has been running 1.2 bar and even 1.4 bar with optimax etc Has this ecu been mapped at some point ?
I have knocklink etc and the fueling is fine !
Im a bit confused as to why I can seemingly run whatever boost i want !
Old 03 September 2006, 02:50 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

Don't knock it!

Might be worth getting the AFR and det level checked. If all is good, and you're happy with the performance, why change?
Old 03 September 2006, 03:08 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuel you put in, shouldn't cause differences in boost.
Are you sure it's a genuine ScoobyECU, as it sounds like the fuel cut limit has been completley removed or you also have a fuel cut defender.
Old 26 November 2006, 09:58 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

Some mappers set fuel cut limit on scoobyecus at such a high level it is effectively the same as a fuel cut defender.
Old 28 November 2006, 10:27 AM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Roojai
Some mappers set fuel cut limit on scoobyecus at such a high level it is effectively the same as a fuel cut defender.
Thanks guy's im thinking about changing the turbo on the car and approached a mapper on SN and he advised getting a better ECU, now call me synical but his one will cost £750 so im not sure if the Scoobyecu is any good or not, it seems to be doing a good enough job with the current setup Nor sure if I can be bothered to go through the hassle of new ECU new turbo and remap
So is it any good or not ?
Old 28 November 2006, 10:46 AM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zen Performance
Don't knock it!

Might be worth getting the AFR and det level checked. If all is good, and you're happy with the performance, why change?
This is the best advice, if your happy with the performance and its safe, and boost is actaully at the levels your gauge says it is then getting an aftermarket ECU will not give you much significant benefit over your current set up. Does it feel very quick with this boost? I'd have thought that with 1.2-1.4 bar you'd be looking at around 300bhp.
Old 28 November 2006, 02:02 PM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by borat52
This is the best advice, if your happy with the performance and its safe, and boost is actaully at the levels your gauge says it is then getting an aftermarket ECU will not give you much significant benefit over your current set up. Does it feel very quick with this boost? I'd have thought that with 1.2-1.4 bar you'd be looking at around 300bhp.
Thanks for reply mate, it's quick enough i guess, will outpace new wrx with PPP quite easily will destroy a 330i BMW and will be slightly quicker than M3 but i want more midrange grunt more like 350 LbFt ! It's a 2.2 closed deck engine with forged internals and a VF something turbo, uprated fuel pump but still TMIC im thinking FMIC and a bigger Turbo 350/350 would be target !