Notices

Best ECU Upgrade for MY93

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2003, 09:23 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trebor,

Mark is correct. I have an MY95 WRX and purchased a Scoobyecu from Scott Taylor (@ £85). Scott, Pavlo & David Wallis combine to produce these www.scoobyecu.co.uk. I was impressed with the improvement in drivabilty and I also had my limiter moved up to 8K rpm (not that i go there often, but sometimes get up to 7.5K). Unfortunately I have no power figures at present.

I know have an STi bottom end and 440cc injectors, and am getting an uprated fuel pump to go with my FSE regulator. So I have comissioned Pavlo to do an in car custom remap (est. @ inside £250). I will probably get it on a roalling road this time around (not usually bothered, but would be intersting given the mods I have).

My spec is as follows:

Piper-X induction
FSE fuel pressure regulator set at 3.4 bar
Uprated fuel pump (arriving shortly)
TSL open neck downpipe/scorpion centre/Scoobyworld Ninja silencer (full decat)
STi vIII bottom end
440cc injectors

Apart from a stutter under hard acceleration (possible due to plug gaps or the need for a remap) the car pulls very strongly - although I cannot make a comparision with yours, I did out drag an 'L' plate WRX uphill when I changed from 2nd to 3rd and let the revs rise quite high.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

[Edited by K9VYN - 11/6/2003 9:30:00 AM]
Old 05 November 2003, 10:13 PM
Trebor69
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Hello All

Cuurently running a MY93 WRX with

HKS Dump Valve SQV
HKS ECV 4
HKS Boost Gauge (BAR)
HKS Front Intercooler
HKS FCD (fuel cut defender) by ECU (set to 8)
HKS Super Power Flow Air Filer (induction kit)
Decatted with 3" Exhuast system throughout
P1 Turbo (been advised on hear prolly fitted for quicker spooling)

Going to fit Konocklink sensor, And upgrade Fuel pump with Adjustable pressure reg.

Been told car running a bit lean at mo (use optimax), reason for thinking above.

Question is, I am running a standard ECU at moment, (no chip in epprom slot). Do i need to update the ecu and get it mapped/setup to really benifit from above extra's fitted. If so, what type, how much, where from, what BHP increase can I expect....

A detailed reply from anyone with similar car/spec would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
Old 05 November 2003, 11:05 PM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

Scooby ECU , it is a chip you can just plug straight in comes already mapped raises boost to about 1.1 bar fueling and ignition also altered makes a big difference. Do a search and read ,costs about £75 for chip .These can then also be remapped for a individual car if you can find someone to do it for you .
hope this helps

Mark
Old 06 November 2003, 05:18 PM
Trebor69
Scooby Regular

Hello

Right then..

Today I popped down to pwerstation to talk about ECu upgrades, They offer the Full Uni-Chip service, remapp to car etc , but obviously not cheap, bout 600 Quid plus v.a.t

I have also been told on this forum to get a Scooby-ECU which is only 75 Quid plus V.A.T - Obviously these come pre-mapped

Anyones Ideas or thoughts on this subject would be of great help to me

Cheers

Rob

Old 07 November 2003, 06:29 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Trebor,

don't forget you can have the Scoobyecu custom mapped to suit your car/mods as advised in my previous post.

Kev
Old 12 November 2003, 03:19 PM
Trebor69
Scooby Regular

Hello K9VYN

Would you mind kinda describing what effects A Scooby ECu will have on my car.

Will it help with my leaning out problems at high RPM 6K> with 1.1Bar boost. I have had a new Uprated Fuel pump fitted recently

Cheers

P.S Anyone else have any advice please post away

Rob
Old 12 November 2003, 03:26 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
quote: "Would you mind kinda describing what effects A Scooby ECu will have on my car"

Less lag, more flexible at lower revs, higher top end, more bhp, more torque, better overall MPG if you can resist exploiting the extra power and the ability to outrun cars you used to have to try hard to beat. All for less than £100- bargain.

Trending Topics

Old 11 December 2003, 03:26 PM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

hi Trebor,

i'm no expert, but i thought WRXs ran richer at higher rpm to avoid leaning (anyone who knows the definitive answer please post). certainly my car didn't run lean with a Scoobyecu. best bet is to ask the S'ecu guys: Scott, Pavlo or Dave.

you can find their details (email addy) on the their website as detailed in a post above. certainly i would expect the map could be tweaked to correct any leaning you're experiencing, but don't just take my word for it.

Kev

ps because of my varied mods, i don't think i have yet seen the best results from Scooby ecu - once the custom map is done things should be very interesting

[Edited by K9VYN - 11/12/2003 3:30:08 PM]