Notices

e-RAM supercharger kit on Scoob, good or bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2006, 10:35 PM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-RAM supercharger kit on Scoob, good or bad idea?

Has anyone here tried fitting one of these e-RAM superchargers on a scooby? If so, how do they perform? I stumbled across the web site for them here, http://www.electricsupercharger.com/ surely they wouldn't be to hard to make yourself, at the prices they sell for (£600+) it might be a good idea.
Old 25 January 2006, 11:15 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

It's an electric fan that sits in your intake.......you'd be better off saving your money and connecting a garden hose from your intake through to the cabin and blowing into this when you want to go faster.

Besides, your car should have a real one of these....a turbo.....which should negate any need to have a plastic fan puffing wind into your engine. You'd probably lose more power from the drain caused by running it than you would gain.

Old 25 January 2006, 11:19 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

i seen something similar to this a few years back, i cant remember if it was electric or not. (pretty sure it wasn't) anyway if it does give a 1psi increase then it should increase power.

every tubo car i have had i have found that 1psi = 7-10 bhp.

still - wouldnt fancy that thing going in bits and straight into my turbo.... or engine for that matter.

Will
Old 25 January 2006, 11:25 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

just watched a video on their site, (the thing does have a fair bit of puff behind it.......) funny thing tho.. it sounds like a hover thats about to explode.

LOL

Will
Old 26 January 2006, 12:17 AM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

Completly waste of money, saw a budget version for 20quid off ebay last year....it wont give you any +bhp cos you've got a turbo already
Old 26 January 2006, 09:40 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

I seen a video of a CTR on the rollers, made its 200hp, then they stuck an ordinary leaf blower on the intake and made another 10-15hp, I don't remember exact hp, but it worked
Old 26 January 2006, 10:06 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

those bloody things are on ebay for about 180. they would be fine on a saxo or 106....

Big waste of cash if you ask me.
Old 26 January 2006, 05:20 PM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by briforbes
It's an electric fan that sits in your intake.......you'd be better off saving your money and connecting a garden hose from your intake through to the cabin and blowing into this when you want to go faster.

Besides, your car should have a real one of these....a turbo.....which should negate any need to have a plastic fan puffing wind into your engine. You'd probably lose more power from the drain caused by running it than you would gain.

O.K, so it's a no go with the scoob then, but surely these can't be too hard to construct, just the right sized tubeing, an industrial fan of some kind, and fix a cone filter on the end. I reackon there'd be a market for it at the right price. I might try a build one myself and fit it to my little brothers Golf GTI!!