Notices

Petrol - What a stink

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2005, 05:07 PM
Scooby_Maxus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Petrol - What a stink

A few weeks ago I noticed a strong smell of petrol from under the bonnet of my MY01 PPP WRX. On closer inspection confirmed the strong smell of petrol from top of engine, strongest from N/S. There was no sign of fuel leakage or anything out of place so phoned my local Subaru dealer in Botley.

They got the car in and confirmed that there was a problem with the fuel pipe taking petrol from the fuel pump and into the injectors and that it was leaking when cold. OK I said how much to repair........£70 for the part they said plus labour. Ok I said go ahead and fix.

When I picked up the car final bill £700.................

I asked for details of the fault and whether this was a common problem. I have asked the dealer to contact Subaru to see if they will meet part of the costs given the car is only 4 years old. I will let you know how I get on. Would appreciate hearing form others who have had a similar fault.

Thx

Maxus
Old 28 December 2005, 06:19 PM
chris_c201
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy ****, sounds a bit strange to me... did they end up replacing more parts as £630 for labour is ridiculous!

I've noticed a smell of petrol at the weekend (MY01 WRX) but it seems to have passed now, certainly haven't noticed any leaks plus my consumption seems normal...

Let me know how you get on mate, hope you get it sorted!