Notices

tdo5 18g+megans

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2005, 09:40 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tdo5 18g+megans

got my 2002 wrx mapped yesterday with the tdo5 18g by andy f very quick now spools up by 3000 rpm then the magic happens probably sitting around the 370bhp mark,also fitted a set of megan manifolds.Has anyone fitted the same manifolds and had trouble fitting the top sensor in the up pipe it fits in place no bother but the sensor slides in the exhaust as it is not part of the threads.If anyone has came accross this problem how did you fix it,i left the sensor out and put a bolt in its place now the management light is on cheers for any help on this MOMO

Last edited by mo mo; 04 August 2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04 August 2005, 11:02 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

mo mo,
I have a set off megan headers fitted the sensor you are talking about is your egt I took mine out like yourself and fitted a bolt I then did a cell fix with a 2.2 ohm resistor bridged across the connector if you do a search you will find where I detailed the conversion your cell light goes off after about 5 starts off the engine
Old 04 August 2005, 11:07 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gussy
mo mo,
I have a set off megan headers fitted the sensor you are talking about is your egt I took mine out like yourself and fitted a bolt I then did a cell fix with a 2.2 ohm resistor bridged across the connector if you do a search you will find where I detailed the conversion your cell light goes off after about 5 starts off the engine
where or wot will i search is this a big job but sounds exactly wot i need to do cheers MOMO
Old 04 August 2005, 11:14 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car

momo,
at the top off the page your on there is an orange banner you will see search,click on search and type in cell fix or egt problems that should take you straight to it
Old 05 August 2005, 03:03 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

momo,
at the top off the page your on there is an orange banner you will see search,click on search and type in cell fix or egt problems that should take you straight to it
thats sound i found it how do you get the resistor to stay in place or is it better to solder it like you did.Also has the light ever come back on and is this a safe way to do it cheers MOMO

Last edited by mo mo; 05 August 2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05 August 2005, 07:10 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

momo cos I was doing away with the sensor all together I cut the wire from the sensor about 2" from the connector plug and soldered/bridged the 2 wires with the resistor, covered it in shrink wrap to keep water off it and plugged it back into the connector by your boost solenoid on the inner wing.I have had no problems with it since,hope that is of some help to you.
Old 05 August 2005, 10:38 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

momo cos I was doing away with the sensor all together I cut the wire from the sensor about 2" from the connector plug and soldered/bridged the 2 wires with the resistor, covered it in shrink wrap to keep water off it and plugged it back into the connector by your boost solenoid on the inner wing.I have had no problems with it since,hope that is of some help to you.
cheers for that i will give it a go tomorrow does it matter wot side you solder the 2 wires to or can they go on either way hopefully it will sort mine out as well cheers MOMO
Old 06 August 2005, 10:07 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

momo,It doesnt matter which side off the resistor the wires go on as long as it bridges them.When you start your car the check light might not go out it usually takes about 5 times of starting and running the car before it goes off.let me know how you get on mate.
Old 07 August 2005, 09:10 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

momo,It doesnt matter which side off the resistor the wires go on as long as it bridges them.When you start your car the check light might not go out it usually takes about 5 times of starting and running the car before it goes off.let me know how you get on mate.
i put the resistor between the two wires and sealed it up then pluged it back in took it for a few runs stoping it and starting it but as yet the light is still on i will give it another few runs tomorrow to see wot happens is this normal it was a 2.2 ohm 0.6w resistor that i put in cheers. MOMO
Old 07 August 2005, 09:23 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

MoMo,
With the resistor in place the check light will go out after a while, give the car a good run out/blast all you are doing is tricking the ecu into thinking that the cat in the uppipe is still there.