Notices

CEL knock sensor fault questions

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2005, 04:34 PM
madmoog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CEL knock sensor fault questions

I've just had the CEL come on on my STi3 last week, going to work about 200yds from home, so turned round, put it back on the drive and took the 205!!

Just checked the CEL code and it came up with 22, knock sensor. If they don't go very often, as I've heard on other threads recently, how come so many have had them go recently.

Presumably, if there is a knock sensor fault then the ecu will be unable to detect it and take remedial action, and I suppose if I had fitted my knocklink fitted now atleast I could keep an eye on things.

So, where do I find this OE knock sensor under the bonnet? Anyone got any photo's that they can post or e-mail to me please.

Would it be a suberu part or bosch etc, anyone got a part no. or advice on where to get one from.

thanks for any assistance (and Chris Palmer for his very informative website)

madmoog
Old 17 June 2005, 12:08 PM
madmoog
Scooby Regular

bttt, anyone please.......... off the road at the moment, but want to know if it is major or not etc
Old 17 June 2005, 01:46 PM
Houghton
Scooby Regular

Cant answer too much but the knock sensor is buried to the r/h rear of the block iirc. Just had a look on mine and can't see it, too much stuff in the way.

I found it when I had the inlet manifild off. It looks similar to the Knocklink sensor though.

I've had that code on mine with an intermittent CEL quite a while ago. Reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery overnight and it's not appeared since. May be worth a try?

Good luck

Gerry