Re-mapping after de-cat?

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2005, 01:48 AM
Beev!!!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-mapping after de-cat?

Fellow Subaru owners ,
I own a classic shape Subaru Impreza Turbo on a 99 (V) and i`m considering some minor "sensible" modifications. I`ve ordered a K & N Panel filter (playing it safe from the myth of the 57i induction damaging the MAF sensor) and i`m about to order a de-cat downpipe to complement my cat back stainless. My question is, i`ve just had a new short motor fitted to the car (which fortunately Subaru kindly paid for) and the car was re-mapped to what they said was the updated 2000 mapping (think the 00 classic Subaru`s are on a different mapping to the 99`s). Anyway, with having the car just recently re-mapped will I need to have this done again after fitting the air filter and de-cat?
I appreciate any help here...
Ross.

Old 08 June 2005, 10:03 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

you wont HAVE to but it will get the best out of the car....subaru will just have put a generic map on, from memory the 2000 car wasnt as sharp as the 99? but if you want piece of mind then i guess a remap would be for you. That way you can have the feeling of driving a much more powerful car anyway ) a nice safe 275 with the mods you just mentionned.
Old 08 June 2005, 07:41 PM
Beev!!!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neilo
you wont HAVE to but it will get the best out of the car....subaru will just have put a generic map on, from memory the 2000 car wasnt as sharp as the 99? but if you want piece of mind then i guess a remap would be for you. That way you can have the feeling of driving a much more powerful car anyway ) a nice safe 275 with the mods you just mentionned.
Neilo,
Thanks for your post, I`ll go ahead and get it re-mapped, if like you say it`ll get the best out of the car then it`s well worth doing... 275bhp has surprised me, I didn`t think it`d be that much with these minor mods, its put a smile on my face!
Old 08 June 2005, 10:15 PM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

Beev

The "re-map" referred to isnt considered a minor mod, not least in cost, you will be talking £500 plus for the re-mappers pleasure

It was the best money i ever spent on a car
Old 08 June 2005, 11:23 PM
Beev!!!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlackadderII
Beev

The "re-map" referred to isnt considered a minor mod, not least in cost, you will be talking £500 plus for the re-mappers pleasure

It was the best money i ever spent on a car
£500 plus? What a nightmare! The annoying thing is i`ve just had it re-mapped... Oh well, there`s a couple of places round here that do re-maps, i`ll do some ringing around cause it`s gonna get done!!! Thanks for the heads up BlackadderII...

Ross.