Notices

Fuel pressure regulator question....

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2005, 06:54 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel pressure regulator question....

Guy's,
Am i am about to start a biggish project with my car, and am looking at what i need and where to best source the 'right' bits, there's a lot of discussion on fuel pressure regulators in these parts, and a lot of people say that the standard one is fine unless silly power is being sought, whilst this is all well and good, i wish to do the parallel fuel delivery mad aswell, so, Flloyd in projects has made a special adaptor to enable the use of the standard reg, which is fine, however, i was at japfest yesterday and was looking inder the bonnet of a type 25 from litchfields, andon the return fuel pipe up near the fuel filter is what looks like a regulator, but it's tiny, and inline, ie, rubber onto one side, and off the other which would be absolutely perfect to use on my car, and lots of others, can someone with maybe a newish STI please look under the bonnet and see if there's a little blck round thing, (technical description!!) near to the fuel filter which is in the top right hand corner of the engine bay........

I'm sure this info would be very helpful for plenty of people, not just me..

Many thanks.

Ron.
Old 23 May 2005, 07:43 AM
Scooby Regular

Ron:
IMHO fit the best one you can.
If you are doing a big project, ie 400x400 you will need a good stable fuel supply.
I suggest (as I bought/fitted) an SX reg with damped pressure gauge.
Several people sell them on Snet shop, got mine from the ever helpful ASPerformance (Alyn). Cost about 150 I think (ish).

Graham.

ps Read the project threads and 'search' for 'SX' and you will find stacks of info.
Old 23 May 2005, 04:46 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Thanks Graham, Will do...... lots more to learn yet, not aiming at 400, but if it happens...cool!