Newbie help

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2005, 09:32 PM
Subersonic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie help

hi all just looking for a little help
drove a mates scoob about 2 months ago and fell in love with the power and handling so decided to buy one. after much looking about i found an unmolested totaly original jap MY96 Ver.2 STI and bought it pick it up at the weekend. it's only now i realise there are complications with the fuel octane rating i have been running an fto for 18mths on 98 ron no problem but have been told it affects the scoob badly can you help? is there any thing else i should look for get sorted while its under warranty?
Old 28 February 2005, 10:49 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Subersonic
hi all just looking for a little help
drove a mates scoob about 2 months ago and fell in love with the power and handling so decided to buy one. after much looking about i found an unmolested totaly original jap MY96 Ver.2 STI and bought it pick it up at the weekend. it's only now i realise there are complications with the fuel octane rating i have been running an fto for 18mths on 98 ron no problem but have been told it affects the scoob badly can you help? is there any thing else i should look for get sorted while its under warranty?
Have a look HERE. this is just one of the threads that you'll find by doing a search.

Looks like you have two choices - either run the car with octane booster, or have it remapped to use Optimax.

Welcome to the fold, by the way

kev
Old 01 March 2005, 10:28 PM
Subersonic
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cefski
Have a look HERE. this is just one of the threads that you'll find by doing a search.

Looks like you have two choices - either run the car with octane booster, or have it remapped to use Optimax.

Welcome to the fold, by the way

kev
cheers mate looks like i will have to shell out for a remap then