Notices

Dodgy Optimax

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2004, 05:12 PM
binxta1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dodgy Optimax

Has anyone else had some.Went to a garage in Nottingham(where I don't normally go)I was passing and thought I'd fill up,I noticed while I was filling the car up the petrol didn't have it's normall smell it had a very strong vinegarey like smell also noticed the car isn't running like it normally does.The only way I can describe it is that I've put BP Ultimate in.So I guess I'll wait till the tank is lower and go to the garage I normally use just thought I'd let you all know.Doesn't mean start sniffing petrol though ha ha,But on a more serious note be carefull.Driving the car steady for now just in case.Cheers
Old 13 September 2004, 05:26 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Cool

Couple of mates filled up with Optimax a couple of weeks ago, then took there cars to Castle Combe for a track session!! Both car blew up in the morning session, after a little rant around the track. Both cars weren't running a knocklink or AFM, but seems funny they used the same garage around the same time.

I use the garage regular, but luckily enough have a knocklink and AFM. Around the time of the incident I was away on business, so didn't fill up from the same tanker full......

Makes you think though

Phill
Old 13 September 2004, 05:37 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

On a few occasions I have noticed increased Knocklink activity on various tankfuls of optimax - It appears to be associated with how often the garage has its supply replenished as the Octane rating deteriorates over time.

Cheers
Old 13 September 2004, 06:07 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

my car was mapped on optimax, i add 1 mil per ltr of NF for that very reason, you can never be too sure!
Old 14 September 2004, 07:31 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I live in notts and have had the same problem, i filled my car up with Optimax 2 days before it went to TSL for remap, etc, and what a time to fill up with **** fuel.
My car was ****, they had to reset ECU and all sorts, LOL.
Old 14 September 2004, 05:19 PM
binxta1
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
I live in notts and have had the same problem, i filled my car up with Optimax 2 days before it went to TSL for remap, etc, and what a time to fill up with **** fuel.
My car was ****, they had to reset ECU and all sorts, LOL.
Hi Madass,which garage did you use?I used the one on london road island.
Old 14 September 2004, 05:52 PM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

on the subject of optimax, I am a newbie scoob owner (ukmy99), so far I only used BP advanced or whaterit is (97RON), is it realy that much difference? (my car is bog standard until end of week when I fit decat center and SS backbox).

I realy cant be **** with putting addertives in either. Am I being stupid (not unknown) or will this be fine, I plan to have the car remaped at some point I was assuming that as long as I have it maped using the 97RON BP stuff then the car will be ok, is this right?

Cheers

Dan
Old 14 September 2004, 07:19 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unfeasablylargegonads
on the subject of optimax, I am a newbie scoob owner (ukmy99), so far I only used BP advanced or whaterit is (97RON), is it realy that much difference? (my car is bog standard until end of week when I fit decat center and SS backbox).

I realy cant be **** with putting addertives in either. Am I being stupid (not unknown) or will this be fine, I plan to have the car remaped at some point I was assuming that as long as I have it maped using the 97RON BP stuff then the car will be ok, is this right?

Cheers

Dan
If your car is a uk car, it wont need a remap, as it is already set up for uk fuel. Saying that, imprezas normally run very lean and very high revs, so it might be an idea to get a remap for that reason.
Old 14 September 2004, 07:53 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by binxta1
Hi Madass,which garage did you use?I used the one on london road island.
Priory Island pal i used, but i must say i have been back since, and all is ok.
I just wont use that particular pump anymore! Hahaha.
But there is no way what i had was Optimax that time it was bad.